Are there any

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Great question grandpa, I am following this thread bc I have decided to pursue a mutually amicable divorce (I hope)with AT & T. This latest snafu was the last straw for me.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Since I just went through the process of doing away with Hulu (thank the lord), after previously being with Youtube TV (also glad to get away from them), thought I'd post some relevant info on Fubo:

The basic "Pro" plan ($79.99/month) has the ACC network, but not the SEC Network (which sometimes carries the Tech-Georgia game). To get both, you need to subscribe and pay on a quarterly basis - that gets you the SECN and a bunch of other sports channels for free.

My review (for anyone who's interested):

Hulu = crummy interface, and their programmed DVR fails to record certain games.
Youtube TV = Great interface, good channels, Unlimited DVR works well. Has the ability to say "Record all NCAA games" and then sort through everything later. We left because they kept promoting Youtube (not the live TV, but the site) to my kids, and allowed them to get in without parental restrictions.
Fubo = So far, so good. Good interface, good channels, Unlimited DVR works well. Also has the ability to say "Record all NCAA games", or "all Georgia Tech football games," etc, etc. I think I like it more than Youtube TV, as the interface is simpler and some things are more intuitive.

Good luck to those cutting the cord!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Streaming services offerind 3 or 7 day free trials that have the ACC Network
Fortunately, I kept my Comcast account open after switching to AT&T over the summer to get the Braves. It a stinking expensive way to do it, but I still have ACCN and GT football.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Doing a free trial with YouTube TV now, after switching from DirecTV. Will probably stay with YouTube @ $73/mon for basically same lineup as DirecTV which was $114/mon.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Since I just went through the process of doing away with Hulu (thank the lord), after previously being with Youtube TV (also glad to get away from them), thought I'd post some relevant info on Fubo:

The basic "Pro" plan ($79.99/month) has the ACC network, but not the SEC Network (which sometimes carries the Tech-Georgia game). To get both, you need to subscribe and pay on a quarterly basis - that gets you the SECN and a bunch of other sports channels for free.

Hulu = crummy interface, and their programmed DVR fails to record certain games.
Youtube TV = Great interface, good channels, Unlimited DVR works well. Has the ability to say "Record all NCAA games" and then sort through everything later. We left because they kept promoting Youtube (not the live TV, but the site) to my kids, and allowed them to get in without parental restrictions.
Fubo = So far, so good. Good interface, good channels, Unlimited DVR works well. Also has the ability to say "Record all NCAA games", or "all Georgia Tech football games," etc, etc. I think I like it more than Youtube TV, as the interface is simpler and some things are more intuitive.

Forgot to add - Hulu with Live TV doesn't let you fast forward through ads on their DVR. If that's not a deal-breaker, I don't know what is.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I finally did it....cut the chord. I switched to Fubo based in part due to your post. I stayed in this abusive relationship for far too long thinking I could change AT & T, thinking everything wrong with our relationship was due to me or something I did or said, desperately praying that if only did things better that they would love me. I feel clean and liberated and am excited about this new relationship with Fubo. I hope our story will be the baseline for a Hallmark movie one day. I can't wait to call AT & T tomorrow with the formal breakup announcement. No matter how much they beg, and we all know they will, I am leaving with them with my chin up. Thanks Thatguy. I feel so foolish for hanging on as long as I did.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I finally did it....cut the chord. I switched to Fubo based in part due to your post. I stayed in this abusive relationship for far too long thinking I could change AT & T, thinking everything wrong with our relationship was due to me or something I did or said, desperately praying that if only did things better that they would love me. I feel clean and liberated and am excited about this new relationship with Fubo. I hope our story will be the baseline for a Hallmark movie one day. I can't wait to call AT & T tomorrow with the formal breakup announcement. No matter how much they beg, and we all know they will, I am leaving with them with my chin up. Thanks Thatguy. I feel so foolish for hanging on as long as I did.
Bored Jeff Goldblum GIF by First We Feast

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I feel like I committed to AT&T as a naive young man. It was the first cable provider I was ever with. Now I have so much of my life to catch up on. if loving Fubo is wrong, well...I don't want to be right. and guess what? If fubo doesn't treat me right then there's always Sling...or YouTube...or whatever. I feel like Ruby and your damn straight I am taking my love to town. How could I have been so foolish??? It's time for me to live for myself and not confirm to the expectations of others. You and your Harper Valley PTA friends can judge all you want but we all know there are others here who will switch allegiances in a second to better themselves financially. I don't want to hear about the splinter in my eye my friend.

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
I realize YMMV depending on location- but- a digital antenna has been a solid addition to the house. There have been several games I could watch over the air despite cable blackouts.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I'd have to have a TV set up to actually use a digital antenna. At 55, I have live TV for 1 reason. That is to watch GT Football, Men's Basketball, and Women's Volleyball. I don't watch ANYTHING else live.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I feel like I committed to AT&T as a naive young man. It was the first cable provider I was ever with. Now I have so much of my life to catch up on. if loving Fubo is wrong, well...I don't want to be right. and guess what? If fubo doesn't treat me right then there's always Sling...or YouTube...or whatever. I feel like Ruby and your damn straight I am taking my love to town. How could I have been so foolish??? It's time for me to live for myself and not confirm to the expectations of others. You and your Harper Valley PTA friends can judge all you want but we all know there are others here who will switch allegiances in a second to better themselves financially. I don't want to hear about the splinter in my eye my friend.
I may be your wingman. I’m giving so much more to Comcast than I get in return. I give and give and Comcast wants more and more.
I’m ready to play the field. My wife is pushing back on inviting a new partner. She isn’t feeling as adventurous and is more comfortable in our current arrangement than I. If I can get a drink in her and try it for a weekend… maybe a new experience and little excitement will seal the deal.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I may be your wingman. I’m giving so much more to Comcast than I get in return. I give and give and Comcast wants more and more.
I’m ready to play the field. My wife is pushing back on inviting a new partner. She isn’t feeling as adventurous and is more comfortable in our current arrangement than I. If I can get a drink in her and try it for a weekend… maybe a new experience and little excitement will seal the deal.

I'm with Comcast in part because she comes with the rent (HOA pays for HD service, 3 cable boxes and basic internet). I left her once, tried the cord cutting route but it was so cumbersome to switch between games on all the services I tried. And not being able to fast forward through commercials made me drink more than I should (stech territory). With Commey, a gentle press on her C and she shows me all the live sports events being televised. From there I can seamlessly and effortlessly cycle through different games; it's a sports voyeurist's dream. So it's a love/hate relationship for me. I truly hate Comcast but have no desire to leave her for any of the cord cutting services trying to woo me and I rue the day when she decides to leave me.