• Unranked but receiving votes

Votes: 138 51.7%
  • Unranked outright

Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey guys, figured I’d start this discussion for the season since I assume we will be ranked in this latest poll, but where do y’all think we end up on the latest rankings?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I suspect we'll get in but it's obviously dependent on how Free Shoes look against the Fighting Castellanos tomorrow. Poll inertia is way less of a thing in college football than it was a decade ago and they slide teams around like crazy in the early weeks.

Might work in our advantage to be unranked w/ votes - Cuse is effectively a tossup if we're going by betting lines and we don't need Orange fans in the Dome seeing the number next to our name next Saturday.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Quite a few ranked teams have losses or didn't look too good in wins. I guess we sneak in, but I really don't care. Just keep winning. The difficulty of our schedule will force respect if we keep winning.
Interesting take. Highest ranked team to lose was #10 FSU to us. Next was #14 Clemson to #1UGA. Then#20 Texas A&M to #7 ND. #13 LSU just lost to #23 USC.

Who besides A&M drops out? No “bad” losses unless you count FSU’ Los to GT as a “bad” loss.

Losses will happen the next few weeks. We need to keep winning.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
ATM will drop out IMO. I would imagine LSU drops to the 15-16 range and Clemson to the low 20's. FSU's ranking will depend on how well they do against BC. If they lose, an 0-2 FSU is out. If they win close, they probably end up in the high teens/low 20's. If they blow out BC they might only drop a few spaces and allow us to enter as the 24 or 25 ranked team, since we currently have the best win against a ranked team this year.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My question would be where do you rank LSU, Clemson and FSU in the new poll assuming FSU takes care of business against BC?

Then the follow question is whether you rank Tech over any of them ?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I think there’s a better chance of jumping NCST than those three. A&M is out too.

You think there’s a better chance of us jumping NCSU than FSU - the team we just beat in week 0? I doubt there is an example in history of an undefeated team being ranked below a team they beat.

We’ll be ranked. If we had beaten GAST by more we probably would’ve been in the 15-20 range. Since we didn’t we’ll be in the 19-23 range.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
ATM will drop out IMO. I would imagine LSU drops to the 15-16 range and Clemson to the low 20's. FSU's ranking will depend on how well they do against BC. If they lose, an 0-2 FSU is out. If they win close, they probably end up in the high teens/low 20's. If they blow out BC they might only drop a few spaces and allow us to enter as the 24 or 25 ranked team, since we currently have the best win against a ranked team this year.
Every single team that lost should drop from the Top25. I don't care who they played.