AP #10

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
Moving up makes sense to me. Teams lost badly ahead of us and we went toe-to-toe with much superior team. I never understood if you believe someone is top 5 and someone is top 15, why you penalize a top 15 team if they barely lost. If anything, that affirms where you ranked teams. Don't reward some team that isn't as impressive because of the L by a name in a big game.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
No, because they are Big 10 Champs and the champs of Big 10 or SEC is specifically stated to NOT go to Orange Bowl during years when Rose and Sugar are playoff games.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
No, because they are Big 10 Champs and the champs of Big 10 or SEC is specifically stated to NOT go to Orange Bowl during years when Rose and Sugar are playoff games.
Why are they hating on the Orange? That rule makes about zero sense to me.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't view it as hating on Orange. SEC and Big 10 Champs have always gone to Rose and Sugar. So as consolation, they get to have their own bowl. Although, I'll have to look it up but I think the same thing happens when Orange Bowl is a playoff game. ACC goes to Peach or Cotton (or something similar).

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
This sets us up well for next year. We will probably have one of the best strength of schedule next year and starting the season ranked in the top 15 (hopefully in top 10). Damn..... can't wait til next season

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bowl win = Guaranteed Top 10 Finish.

Who would have predicted that before the season!?!

In the off season when I update the data I have for Power rankings and recruiting rankings, I'll answer that. We are probably in the 5-10% area of likelihood to have moved up from 40th to 10th based on our recruiting inputs.

Needless to say, UGAg with top 5 talent squandered another year. And GT with top 40 talent played like a team to bring honor to the Institute.