Anyone traveling for the Clemson game?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I plan to be there with three others.

The owner of my company is a Clemson fan and will probably be tailgating, so we will probably meet up with him before the game.

Swarm-Phinny

Georgia Tech Fan
We are above .500!!!!!! Dabos tigers take on Zyn Keys cardiac jackets at 12:00 noon. Clemson is not a bad drive from Atlanta, who is all going?

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
Advice- getting to a noon Clemson game. Get directions from Clemson friends that go all the time - they know the best routes. Noon starts are the worst for traffic. Try to avoid parking lots with one way in and one way out (you can find yourself stuck trying to leave.) It is a great trip. I like their fans. Unfortunately, I have sat through some terrible rains including a tropical depression in the 90s. My guess is a wet field might favor Clemson. And don't miss the teams intro onto the field - it is pretty awesome. All that- I think our guys come in fired up and ready to play.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Wife is a Clemson grad and a huge football fan. We actually met at the Tech/Clemson game at Bobby Dodd on September 29, 2001 when were No. 8 in the country and lost in double OT. We have both Tech and Clemson season tickets (and a condominiumized parking space three blocks from the stadium in Clemson with gated access and which requires tickets to get on the site. Crazy, but lots of demand for stuff like that up there).

Noon games are the worst to get to as everyone has a short window to get there before game time. Try to leave early. We'll leave ATL by around 7 or earlier to get there before 10. Use Waze, it will take you some backroads that will beat some traffic. Know where you are going to park if you can and don't just drive around looking for a space. The YMCA across the lake usually has spaces and is about a 15 minutes walk to the stadium.

Clemson fans are usually pretty nice. There will be a lot of tailgaters on the way to the stadium and will offer you food and drinks.

One of my great memories was going on the field after the Calvin game in 2004. (Clemson fans always go on the field after games. It's a neat tradition.) Looking forward to meeting some fans in white and gold on the field after a win on Saturday. The whole family is going. Son will be in white and gold, girls in orange unfortunately. Go Jackets!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Wife is a Clemson grad and a huge football fan. We actually met at the Tech/Clemson game at Bobby Dodd on September 29, 2001 when were No. 8 in the country and lost in double OT. We have both Tech and Clemson season tickets (and a condominiumized parking space three blocks from the stadium in Clemson with gated access and which requires tickets to get on the site. Crazy, but lots of demand for stuff like that up there).

Noon games are the worst to get to as everyone has a short window to get there before game time. Try to leave early. We'll leave ATL by around 7 or earlier to get there before 10. Use Waze, it will take you some backroads that will beat some traffic. Know where you are going to park if you can and don't just drive around looking for a space. The YMCA across the lake usually has spaces and is about a 15 minutes walk to the stadium.

Clemson fans are usually pretty nice. There will be a lot of tailgaters on the way to the stadium and will offer you food and drinks.

One of my great memories was going on the field after the Calvin game in 2004. (Clemson fans always go on the field after games. It's a neat tradition.) Looking forward to meeting some fans in white and gold on the field after a win on Saturday. The whole family is going. Son will be in white and gold, girls in orange unfortunately. Go Jackets!
Thanks for this advice. This is my first time going to Clemson. Is Seneca Creek Meadows a good parking spot as well? Looks like a 40 minute walk but parking is cheap and easy to get in/out of allegedly. Coming from Atlanta / 85 for what it's worth.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for this advice. This is my first time going to Clemson. Is Seneca Creek Meadows a good parking spot as well? Looks like a 40 minute walk but parking is cheap and easy to get in/out of allegedly. Coming from Atlanta / 85 for what it's worth.

If you park there, walk past Littlejohn a couple of blocks to "downtown" Clemson. It's only about three blocks long, but a nice little college downtown with shops and restaurants and then walk back through campus to the stadium.