Anyone remember the leg twist?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The hate for UGA is good let it flow through you. But don't completely change facts to fit your narrative.
That one was less on the UGA player than on the refs. Smelter knew he was down so he stopped fighting. The UGA dude didn't hear a whistle so he took a second tackle to put him down, and Smelter's foot was planted so the knee tore. I heard somewhere DeAndre said it was torn before that second take down, but from the video that definitely looked like the moment it occurred.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
That one was less on the UGA player than on the refs. Smelter knew he was down so he stopped fighting. The UGA dude didn't hear a whistle so he took a second tackle to put him down, and Smelter's foot was planted so the knee tore. I heard somewhere DeAndre said it was torn before that second take down, but from the video that definitely looked like the moment it occurred.
I have been saying the same thing since the minute it happened.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, well, that may have been a dirty play, but that kid is a baller for Duke. I doubt he gives a squat if we're mad about it or not.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, well, that may have been a dirty play, but that kid is a baller for Duke. I doubt he gives a squat if we're mad about it or not.
Really weird side story that has nothing to do with anything. Edwards mom cut my hair at great clips once. Real nice lady that respects the fact that tech is the better team and was happy her son actually won a game against us.

Ramblin Wrecker

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to defend the dookie, but apparently this is a new style of tackling that is becoming popular. It's called the Hawk or Gator Roll Tackle and Pete Carroll is pushing it big time. He's made several instructional videos teaching it and Urban Meyer has talked about teaching it to his players at tOSU.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Not to defend the dookie, but apparently this is a new style of tackling that is becoming popular. It's called the Hawk or Gator Roll Tackle and Pete Carroll is pushing it big time. He's made several instructional videos teaching it and Urban Meyer has talked about teaching it to his players at tOSU.

The technique is not the main issue, it's the after-play lift & twist that was done to JT that gets us all PO'd.

That being said, if this become super popular they are going to have to expand the number of scollys because ankle injuries are going to become an every game occurance. At least Pete Carroll can hire more players - colleges may be looking toward the guy in the stands holding a bag of pretzels.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The technique is not the main issue, it's the after-play lift & twist that was done to JT that gets us all PO'd.

That being said, if this become super popular they are going to have to expand the number of scollys because ankle injuries are going to become an every game occurance. At least Pete Carroll can hire more players - colleges may be looking toward the guy in the stands holding a bag of pretzels.

This. Wrapping up and twisting while falling was not the issue. During the play in question, the defender grabbed the foot by itself (while standing up after the tackle) and gave it a wrench.