Anyone know if Tech is thinking about doing this?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
See:

As the story says, I was surprised that LSU, of all places, would take the lead on this. I know Kemp's orders on this might seem to prevail, but public school systems seem to be balking at orders like that all over the Southeast.

Mods: fell free to move this if it seems too controversial.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Take, I can't claim to know, but my guess is not. Louisiana has some masking and vaccination mandates for higher ed that we do not. It would have to be all of the University System, and our Chancellor and Regents haven't shown any inclination to do anything like that.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
See:

As the story says, I was surprised that LSU, of all places, would take the lead on this. I know Kemp's orders on this might seem to prevail, but public school systems seem to be balking at orders like that all over the Southeast.

Mods: fell free to move this if it seems too controversial.
Probably because Louisiana‘s hospital system is on the edge of collapse right now

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
From a nice article written by our 'favorite' former ACC beat writer: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...otocols-requirements-attendance-forfeits-more

"In the ACC, any unvaccinated player on a team that has reached an 85% vaccination rate has to complete at least one PCR test each week. Any unvaccinated players in the ACC who are on teams below the 85% threshold have to be tested three times a week. Fully vaccinated student-athletes, staff and officials can resume activities within athletic facilities without masks or physically distancing, except where otherwise dictated by state/local authorities. Non-immunized student-athletes, staff and officials must remain masked in the athletic facilities."

Does anyone know what GT's vaccination rate is for the football team?