Any word on who the Interim Coach will be?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Key did terrible at UCF as HC. I see nothing with his coaching of our OL to warrant any reward.
1664231437954.png

At no time was he a head coach. Can we please stop saying he was?

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
At no time was he a head coach. Can we please stop saying he was?
Key did terrible at UCF as HC. I see nothing with his coaching of our OL to warrant any reward.
It's arguable that this interim gig can actually be construed as a reward. I've been in that position before and unless you have a clear indication that it's a path to the permanent job, it could also be construed as "punishment".🙂

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, he certainly never won a game as HC there. Conversely, he never lost one there either...

I see the UCF head coach thing a lot of places, but from quickly looking at it on Wikipedia it says some guy named Danny Barrett was the interim HC at UCF, not Key. Does anyone have insight into which it was?

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
What if Brent Key gets us into the ACC championship game? Does he get a serious look? Interview?

I know it’s unlikely, but who knows?

slugboy

Staff member
The interim HC position—at least at GT this year—is mostly getting these players through the season playing well, with their heads on straight. I’d be happy for them if we won 5 of the remaining 8 games, but I’m just hoping for Key and Long and Tillman to pull the guys together.
Some of those players loved Collins and bought into his system. Some didn’t. They’ve all had their daily lives turned upside down. The Collins firing is a major distraction for a group of young men who also have classes and other things to demand their attention. Getting the players focused on the Pitt game is going to be a coaching challenge.
Key has a lot on his plate.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It's arguable that this interim gig can actually be construed as a reward. I've been in that position before and unless you have a clear indication that it's a path to the permanent job, it could also be construed as "punishment".🙂
He ought to be punished for producing the OLs he put out.

Jacket 83

Georgia Tech Fan
Just curious. What do they do with Key’s salary for the rest of the year? Is there an amount that was set for interim head coach? Does he get the salary he was already being paid? How does that work?