Any chance ND gets snubbed? Final 4 prediction

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Watching the Arizona state/Oregon State game and the announcer was saying that conference championships should matter...blah blah blah.

But I don’t think there is a way they don’t make it in because the selection committee wants eyeballs. The only other team would be A&M but people either love or hate ND, where most are completely indifferent about A&M.

I think it’s
1-BAMA
2-Clemson
3-Ohio State
4-ND

No one wants a Clemson/ND again in the first playoff game BUT that’s a reason why ND may get completely snubbed...it’s a thinker.

Could have A&M in the fourth spot for a rematch with Bama. Makes it a little spicier.

Last edited:

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see Cincinnati or Texas A&M get in. I'm getting tired of seeing the same groundhog day teams every year in the championship series.

Deleted member 2897

Absent Clemson missing several players, Notre Dame should be 9-2. And to that point, Ohio State didn’t suffer through 5 additional games and all the injuries and Covid absences that should have brought. The Pac12 champ has 4 wins LOL. No way Ohio State should be in...especially because the BigTen changed the rules like 4 times to help them stay relevant.

If Notre Dame can get in with 1 loss to Clemson, there’s no reason the 4th shouldn’t be Texas A&M.

Hell, Part of me would love Alabama, Clemson, Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina. They all deserve it many times more than Ohio State.

Jk8Fan

Georgia Tech Fan
Either the CFP needs expanded or Ohio State needs left out. Amazing the hoops being jumped through to get Ohio State into the playoffs. It should just be "tough luck, only played 6 games, maybe next year"

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I believe the CFP committee wants the four best teams in the playoff.
Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Notre Dame.

They also want to have the process to appear fair.
Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Texas A&M

They have also said an undefeated P5 conference champion would not be left out.
Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, either ND or Texas A&M.

Although I do not think they are among the four best, I would love Cincy in the CFP. ND and A&M have already lost to a CFP team by 3 TDs. Do we want to see another Clemson-ND game or another Alabama-A&M game?

After seeing the Clemson and the Bama games yesterday (I didn't watch the O St game), I think Clemson should be number 1 and Bama number 2; Bama's D was suspect yesterday IMO, while Clemson's wasn't. Whoever the other two teams are doesn't matter so much to me, because I figure they are just fodder for the final Clemson-Bama matchup.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
After Alabama and Clemson, the choices are poor.

ND and Texas A&M who have only one lost each are decent safe choices.

Ohio State only played 6 games but they won them. The three cancelled games were to teams with losing records. They are a controversial choice.

The rest of the choices have two or more losses or have good records with very weak schedules.

Jk8Fan

Georgia Tech Fan
Not really a discussion of the games from yesterday on here, but what a hit yesterday on the Florida pick. Up there with the Guyton block (which would be illegal now)

slugboy

Staff member
Ohio State is going to be in. Despite the payday, I’d like to see Cincinnati or even Coastal Carolina, but the committee won’t let a non-P5 big program in.
Between Texas A&M and Notre Dame, Notre Dame has the better resume with more top wins. If you bypass Notre Dame, why not Oklahoma or one of the other conference champs?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There’s 1 team who is the best in the country. If you can’t even get into the top 4, you have no business being considered over the 4+ teams ahead of you.
Just like it's in ND's "DNA" to be independent, it's in mine to throw shade on them and uGag at every chance.

After yesterday's games, I think Clemson will win out. Alabama #2 and the rest are sparring partners leading to Clemson-Alabama VI. But you never know.

If ND doesn't get in the BCS, they'll probably decide that being in the ACC isn't a good deal. It's tough to beat a good team at the end of the year. Much better to schedule a couple of tough games with cupcakes in between during the regular season and let the propaganda machine do the rest.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I wonder if Brian Kelly's threat to sit out the CFP if the Rose Bowl didn't allow families will hurt ND. I know they've now moved the game. But I'd have to think at least some of the committee wouldn't like his presumptuousness of: A assuming ND will be in. B that ND is special enough to decide if they want to go or not.

There's 129 other FBS teams that would love that spot. Maybe I'm vindictive, but if I were on the committee I'd be more apt to vote for a team that wants to play, period.

If I were planning a fishing trip, and there were only 4 spots on the boat. If one of my friends said he might go, but only if the plans were exactly what he wanted it. I'd be inviting another buddy who's happy to be included.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wonder if Brian Kelly's threat to sit out the CFP if the Rose Bowl didn't allow families will hurt ND. I know they've now moved the game. But I'd have to think at least some of the committee wouldn't like his presumptuousness of: A assuming ND will be in. B that ND is special enough to decide if they want to go or not.

There's 129 other FBS teams that would love that spot. Maybe I'm vindictive, but if I were on the committee I'd be more apt to vote for a team that wants to play, period.

If I were planning a fishing trip, and there were only 4 spots on the boat. If one of my friends said he might go, but only if the plans were exactly what he wanted it. I'd be inviting another buddy who's happy to be included.
I think Dabo agreed with Kelly.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I expect no big surprise today.
Alabama v ND
Clemson v OSU

The problem is the same we have most years. More than 4 teams have "legit" resumes to be included. So... you do end up with 4 great teams to play the "tournament"... but the debates rage on. 130 teams only playing 12 games (fewer this year) isn't enough to really be able to break out the BEST 4. This year involved zero inter-conference play making that problem even worse... for head to heads or opponents of opponent comparisons.

Deleted member 2897

It’s really tough to tell how good Ohiost is.

And that’s the point really. I don’t know any fair minded person who thinks they aren’t a great team. But as we’ve seen, if you have a week where 20+ players aren’t available, nearly anybody can win. Not to mention injuries - we’ve lost like 8-10 people for the year due to injuries. And that’s why Ohio State doesn’t deserve (my opinion) to get in. They’re missing FIVE games compared to the other probable 3. To me it’s not about how good they are or not, it’s the principle that they were fine with not even playing this year, then didn’t want to get left out, then had a half empty schedule and now demand we treat them as if they weren’t a part of shutting down college football. The Pac12 champ has 4 wins and the BugTen’s Champ has 6. Good for them, but you missed half the season, so...sorry.