Antonio Simmons to play more...

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Wait, lemme step back a bit. I'm not a complete idiot. I'm not some random guy who sees a big play and totally forgets the meat of the game.

As I said, I was just allowing myself to irrationally vent a bit in that post.
I was talking about myself. :)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Someone want to explain why Tre Jackson doesn't play? I honestly haven't seen a single LB on the team be very impressive to begin with and they're desperate for some leadership out there.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Simmons for President.

I love that dude, warts in his game and all.

I won't comment on the lb corps.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Simmons or Lewis make 1 mistake = pulled from game.
Mitchell or Curry make a mistake(often)= pat on the butt and sent back in.
I don't understand not having your best athletes on the field.....its like Roof doesn't like athleticism nor watch film. I understand that they do not do some things well, but they give you a chance for a big play on D.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Someone want to explain why Tre Jackson doesn't play? I honestly haven't seen a single LB on the team be very impressive to begin with and they're desperate for some leadership out there.
"He's too short" which is BS, bc we have Darren Sproles and Scrappy Doo playing db for us(fyi i like the austin twins)...Tre needs to play, he brings energy to the field

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
Simmons or Lewis make 1 mistake = pulled from game.
Mitchell or Curry make a mistake(often)= pat on the butt and sent back in.
I don't understand not having your best athletes on the field.....its like Roof doesn't like athleticism nor watch film. I understand that they do not do some things well, but they give you a chance for a big play on D.
Remember curry played at buford Hint Hint. I think jalen johnson should play more too at nickel but..... Maybe roof recruited them too....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Remember curry played at buford Hint Hint. I think jalen johnson should play more too at nickel but..... Maybe roof recruited them too....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oh man, i hope that's not what's going on. The Buford and favoritism thing, i mean. That can eat a team alive from inside. Players know who shld be playing (more importantly, they know who shldnt).

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Oh man, i hope that's not what's going on. The Buford and favoritism thing, i mean. That can eat a team alive from inside. Players know who shld be playing (more importantly, they know who shldnt).

I won't speculate on what's going on in this specific instance, but politics definitely play a role in who gets on the field whether us fans want to believe it or not. You look at a guy like Lynn Griffin and wonder how he never saw the field in his time here (especially on defense).

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ted was accused of this last time he was here at GT and it was definitely talked about amongst the players. I am seeing the same sort of thing now. Not Good

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Ted was accused of this last time he was here at GT and it was definitely talked about amongst the players. I am seeing the same sort of thing now. Not Good

Its true for sure. We talked about it his last time here. He has a real affinity to some players for some reason....biggest endictment if him as a coach was when another head coach felt the need to take control of the defense because ted had no clue what he was doing. Nothing has changed excelt paul has to coach the offense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When he and pelton came, did a number of dl guys leave?
I remember it was said the players that left were locker room types.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
I won't speculate on what's going on in this specific instance, but politics definitely play a role in who gets on the field whether us fans want to believe it or not. You look at a guy like Lynn Griffin and wonder how he never saw the field in his time here (especially on defense).
I agree 100%