Another Tech brother that got away - Imani Cross

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
He would have been a great fit at B-Back. He's getting academic recognition at Nebraska and is proving to be really good back. Tennessee has to be kicking themselves for pulling his schollie.
This is not an attack on GT recruiting...just wishing we could have pulled him in.

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/imani...e-about-big-ten-network-on-big-ten-network_2m

Sorry, could not figure out how to embed the video...

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
He had no desire to come here.
I know but like I stated, this is not an attack on our recruiting. As I watched games or highlights of games from this weekend, I was struck by how many names I recognized that had some relation to GT football. Tre Jackson, Antonio Crawford and Imani Cross just to name a few. BTW, Antonio Crawford sure looked good for Miami.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, I think this actually bodes well for GT. There are a lot of players that are performing well for their teams that received their first offer from GT. The myth that CPJ doesn't know how to evaluate talent is just that, a myth. We just need to have better "closers" on staff. And with the recent recruiting changes, I think that we do have a few good "closers" on board now. We just have to win some games to let potential recruits know that we mean business.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
CPJ has a great eye for talent...as you said we have to do a better job of landing those guys.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Imani did not like our offense.

Not to open up a can but... This has always concerned me with regards to recruiting in general. I won't mention the name but I asked a very reliable source with direct ties to the coaching staff what he felt was the reasons in recruiting not being better than it is. He said it was a number of things including we are not in the SEC, the size of our stadium, Academic challenges, and he said the offense doesn't appeal to some.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
CPJ has a great eye for talent...as you said we have to do a better job of landing those guys.

That's probably why a lot of schools use us as a pseudo-recruiting service and try to poach our guys late. I'm only half-kidding I think.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
So he goes to Nebraska ?? lol

Nebraska does not run flexbone 90% of the time... They mix in shotgun, pistol, and i-form.

As a matter of fact they don't run flexbone at all. Yes they run and run alot. However, their offense tends to center around 1 or 2 backs at most. Whereas our offense centers around 4 if you include the qb's carries as a backer.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Not to open up a can but... This has always concerned me with regards to recruiting in general. I won't mention the name but I asked a very reliable source with direct ties to the coaching staff what he felt was the reasons in recruiting not being better than it is. He said it was a number of things including we are not in the SEC, the size of our stadium, Academic challenges, and he said the offense doesn't appeal to some.

Not a credible source. He didn't mention Russell unis in the top 4. ::bigthumbup::