Another interesting statistical tidbit (to me, anyhow)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's other interesting stats (to me).

In the second half we had the ball for 24:41, NC State had it for 5:19. Has to be close to some record. Overall we had it 36:30 for the game because NC State wouldn't let our offense on the field. (2 TOs for TDs did that trick.)

Also, we scored a TD on every possession except Days fumble and running out the last 7:05 of the clock to end the game.

Domination.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
another guy pointed out that ncst ran 33 plays and scored 0,we scored TWICE in that time THEY were running THEIR plays
gotta be some record

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We are #2 in 3rd and 10+ conversion%. We are #1 in 3rd and 7+ conversion%. I haven't calculated our D's equivalence

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Valid. I wonder how you could separate out tempo effects. Perhaps Punts/Drives? (punt percentage)

That would work, but I don't know any site that publishes raw #of drives stats. I've calculated it for offenses after week 10, and by my calculation, GT is #3 in drives/punt, at 3.96. #1 and #2 are tOSU and Marshall.

I still think that points/drive is a better measure because a team that loses turnovers still won't punt.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
We are #2 in 3rd and 10+ conversion%. We are #1 in 3rd and 7+ conversion%. I haven't calculated our D's equivalence
Here's probably the most appropriate place to drop this:
lmDtuPR.jpg