Andy Katz Team of the Week

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Is georgie really that much better this year than last? They were 12-6 in conference and 20-14 overall last year, finishing #3 in the SEC. We beat them 80-71 last year, and it didn't translate into having a great year in ACC play. What's supposed to be different this year?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
you would assume most are banking on the natural progression of both Mann and Gaines. Pair them with Thornton and the Euro along with the good recruit out of Michigan and you may see them be a very good team.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Also, now that we beat them, we need them to win as much as possible so this win looks good down the road.

ramblinzach

Georgia Tech Fan
Is georgie really that much better this year than last? They were 12-6 in conference and 20-14 overall last year, finishing #3 in the SEC. We beat them 80-71 last year, and it didn't translate into having a great year in ACC play. What's supposed to be different this year?

I think we had a bit of a personnel issue last year between injuries (Losing Carter Jr.) and folks not panning out (Solo), that we regressed hard mid-season. I think that cost us a few wins. That's just my opinion.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think we had a bit of a personnel issue last year between injuries (Losing Carter Jr.) and folks not panning out (Solo), that we regressed hard mid-season. I think that cost us a few wins. That's just my opinion.
I tend to agree with this opinion. I think Carter's injuries alone was the difference in being at least .500 last season. Compound that with losing Travis, forcing Golden as the primary PG, and we could've been quite bit better.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Ifwe get 22 pts or so from Q every game we will scare and beat a LOT of teams. uga with a sick star was struggling for sure.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
you would assume most are banking on the natural progression of both Mann and Gaines. Pair them with Thornton and the Euro along with the good recruit out of Michigan and you may see them be a very good team.[/Q. Who is the recruit from Michigan? I'm well in tune with bball recruiting in the state and haven't heard of this? Maybe I missed one. I drank a lot this weekend on vacation. Lol

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Yante Maten of UGA is from Michigan.
Well I guess he slipped through. I'm in very well in the Flint and Lansing area and after speaking to some friends in the know he's an under the radar type guy that would be better served at a mid major but great for him to get a power conference offer.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well I guess he slipped through. I'm in very well in the Flint and Lansing area and after speaking to some friends in the know he's an under the radar type guy that would be better served at a mid major but great for him to get a power conference offer.
When there was a dearth of post players in the late signing period, Maten's stock rose. I think we took a look, but didn't have his major. I think UGA beat out Indiana. Michigan State also checked him out, but not sure if they offered.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
When there was a dearth of post players in the late signing period, Maten's stock rose. I think we took a look, but didn't have his major. I think UGA beat out Indiana. Michigan State also checked him out, but not sure if they offered.
I'm going to follow this kid this winter. From what my friend told me he won't stick if fox is fired.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
Ryan..Not sure who your friend is but Maten is already at UGA. Are you thinking he's a commit? or are you saying if Fox is fired then Maten is going to transfer fro UGA.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm unconvinced enough UGA fans care enough to fire Fox. Also, he'll probably end up with a decent record when it's all said & done.