And we wanted Mal. parrish so bad

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I have seen it many times so I should not be...but I am always surprised how fast and hard they turn on their own when a player makes a mistake.
Somebody more knowing than I can analyze it, but I am not sure that safety made a mistake.That implies Georgia was playing zone in the secondary, with safeties having responsibility to double up deep. But Saban said Alabama was running four "streaks" -- four WRs in the game, all running basically straight ahead streak, or speed, routes, to the EZ. With four wides as we have seen in Johnson's offense, you need to bring in a bunch of D backs in order to double anybody: the safeties would have had a responsibility. What I saw was two wides on the sidelines and two safeties initially covering one area, leaving Smith alone once he cleared the corner. I suspect the safety actually did his job but a bad defensive call bet them. I'd like a real FB guy to check in, though.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I almost feel bad for the kid, the idiot contingency of dwag nation will blame him for this loss for the rest of his life.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Somebody more knowing than I can analyze it, but I am not sure that safety made a mistake.That implies Georgia was playing zone in the secondary, with safeties having responsibility to double up deep. But Saban said Alabama was running four "streaks" -- four WRs in the game, all running basically straight ahead streak, or speed, routes, to the EZ. With four wides as we have seen in Johnson's offense, you need to bring in a bunch of D backs in order to double anybody: the safeties would have had a responsibility. What I saw was two wides on the sidelines and two safeties initially covering one area, leaving Smith alone once he cleared the corner. I suspect the safety actually did his job but a bad defensive call bet them. I'd like a real FB guy to check in, though.

Ive heard on the radio they were running a cover 2.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It was the perfect call vs a cover 2. Uga was screwed either way. 4 Verticals vs Cover 2 they would’ve hit a receiver in the middle for a 20+ yard gain even if the Safety did cover the deep man.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
It was the perfect call vs a cover 2. Uga was screwed either way. 4 Verticals vs Cover 2 they would’ve hit a receiver in the middle for a 20+ yard gain even if the Safety did cover the deep man.

It was a perfect throw, not the usual underthrown one where the catch can be contested. It looked like the 2013 Clemson throws against us where we had good coverage (although in this case coverage was not so good) but the throws were so good that there were completions anyway. A better D scheme may have looked better but I doubt it would have stopped the perfect throw and catch. Too bad Dawgs as it happens to all of us. Dawgs real problem was the total lack of O in the last 25 minutes of the game.