...And on a sad note... Crittenton pleads guilty

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Link

Lives wasted and/or stained forever... :(
Julia Jones', her boy friend's, her kid's and of course Critt's and his family's.

At least he finally admitted and plead to avoid trial.

gtzulu

Georgia Tech Fan
Sadly some who go through Tech are going to do terrible, criminal things and we can't control it. But I hope at Tech we have looked to see if there was anything more we could have done to put a guy like Crittenton on a better path, so this can maybe be prevented in the future. We place importance on developing the character of our student athletes, and a guy going on to become a murderer is the worst possible outcome.

Also I hope Crittenton will realize that while he has taken a life, and that can't be undone, he has the capacity to save lives--even as a prisoner--and could ultimately be a net positive to our society. He could be a cautionary tale that keeps other troubled young men from following in his footsteps.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yes, Crittenton needs to do what he can to help others "on the inside" and let his story be used to prevent others from following those foot steps.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Link

Lives wasted and/or stained forever... :(
Julia Jones', her boy friend's, her kid's and of course Critt's and his family's.

At least he finally admitted and plead to avoid trial.

Feel for all you listed but Critt. I don't see any "at least" value to avoid trial. The repercussions of his action are sending out ripples like a stone thrown in a lake for untold decades to come.

Think he should be executed.