An Article That Every GT FB Fan Should Read

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
There are not nearly enough people contributing. The ones that do, give generously. Per capital giving is actually toward the top of the ACC. Sheer numbers of donors is down at the bottom. That’s the issue.

The GTAA does share in the blame. They’ve been lazy and just called on the same people over and over.

You’re right. We need to widen the base. That’s why a friend and I started GTFAM (Giving Tech Fifty a Month). It’s like the Clemson IPTAY model. We created a site that allows for easy online payment. C19 crushed the momentum we had, but this is exactly the model that the GTAA needs

Yes, having a big money booster, like a T. Boone Pickens or Phil Knight, who can stroke a check with a lot of 0’s, would be great, but we need to build out a more solid foundation with bigger numbers of people consistently giving. That creates a predictable number that the GTAA can rely on and make strategic plans with.

If any of you are interested in helping, shoot me a message.
The GTAA does share in the blame. They’ve been lazy and just called on the same people over and over.
Bingo. If you know Alabama, the fundraising machine is MASSIVE. Operations in every county and every weekend are car washes, bake sales, etc. GTAA has never shown any interest in this. And it’s particularly true now, since Tech sees itself as a global university and not just in service to Georgia.

I salute your efforts.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Although I get the friction with the AD and CPJ over resources and so forth...the biggest thing I noticed was the similarities between Taggert and Collins - their reason for taking the job and their style of coaching.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Bingo. If you know Alabama, the fundraising machine is MASSIVE. Operations in every county and every weekend are car washes, bake sales, etc. GTAA has never shown any interest in this. And it’s particularly true now, since Tech sees itself as a global university and not just in service to Georgia.

I salute your efforts.

Thank you. My friend and I recognized that we can’t just sit back and wait on the GTAA to get their act together. We’ve got to take the baton and run with it. There are enough of us out here to make a meaningful difference.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
And here's another article, also pretty good. See:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-do-college-football-dynasties-fall/

This has the virtue of being more comparative and the links are very interesting. It fits right in with this thread too.

Has good news for Tech: we're in a real football talent hotbed (Yay!). And bad news for Tech: it takes a lot of money to get ahead and stay there (Boo!).