Alvin Kamara transfer... (@A_kamara6)

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
gtdrew: I bet I have heard about the Calculus scare of possible Tech recruits before you were a gleam in your father's eye. It was used against Dodd when he first took over as head coach at Tech. I think I have made it extremely clear that I did not think Calculus should be a prerequisite for all degrees, but only those that fit in with Calculus. I believe I stated that Tech should use its advantage in superior education to entice athletes who wanted to have a good career after football.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I personally think it's awesome everyone that graduates from GT had to pass Calculus. This math was invented in the 1700s, possibly earlier and people today are mystified by it. It is the basis for how the world works and needing it or not needing it isn't the point. I don't need to read this blog, but it helps me understand why we play the way we do and what to expect in a game (I enjoy the GT flavored kool aid.) How many people on this blog don't want their kids to learn Calculus?

This guy should be our negative recruiting firefighter:

He's got better things to do, but having someone like that hit the parents would be a game changer IMO.

gtdrew

Banned
gtdrew: I bet I have heard about the Calculus scare of possible Tech recruits before you were a gleam in your father's eye. It was used against Dodd when he first took over as head coach at Tech. I think I have made it extremely clear that I did not think Calculus should be a prerequisite for all degrees, but only those that fit in with Calculus. I believe I stated that Tech should use its advantage in superior education to entice athletes who wanted to have a good career after football.
That's easy to say, but kids today don't have that point of view. Most of them all think they're going to the NFL, and calculus won't help them get there.

Animal02

Banned

I will verify that calculus has been absolutely no use in my career as an architect. I would have been better off spending those 15 credit hours on another studio or more arch history that I could sleep through. ;)

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
They signed 3 RBs last year and have 2 committed this year.

Sure wish Rocky Reid would open his eyes to this.