Alumni discount for 3-pack

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I've heard this in the past, but hard to believe. Are there any stats, studies, polls, etc to support it?
I guess it's assumed from images like this. Ugag fans have done this at other stadiums as well, though, including Notre Dame.
Note the red in the upper east, even at the 50 yard line.
1627164260302.png

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I am a former season ticket holder who gave them up when I moved out of state. When I lived in Ga. I used to attend the game every year, even when it was in Athens. I always felt more optimistic playing them over there than in Atlanta. We seemed to be cursed at home against them even in the few years when we are equal to or better than them. Perhaps our performance in BDS against them enters into the equation for people selling them?? Let me reiterate that I never did, just tossing out a theory.
My hypothesis is that the Jackets play better when in Athens because it's deflating to see so much red at Grant Field.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Can we also mention the fact that the picture was taken when we were *guess*3-8 and they were *guess*10-1 and there was no doubt who would win? Not many people want to show up and watch their team get beat down. If we can have a fighting chance you will see more Tech fans at the mutt game.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Can we also mention the fact that the picture was taken when we were *guess*3-8 and they were *guess*10-1 and there was no doubt who would win? Not many people want to show up and watch their team get beat down. If we can have a fighting chance you will see more Tech fans at the mutt game.
That particular picture was actually taken when Tech was 5-5, looking to make it to a bowl game, and coming off a win vs. UGA the previous year. You can tell it’s 2017 based on the blue endzones with the old font. However the pictures and videos from 2019 are even worse

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow
Hate to be a Debbie downer but it’s hard to stomach paying $55 plus fees per ticket for a game against Northern Illinois or Kennesaw State. I’m a die hard fan (hell we all are on here), but the athletic department can’t expect people to dish out that kind of dough coming off our recent season. Ah well I’ll just wait until they are $10-15 a day or 2 before the game

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The other issue that doesn't help is at least half the Tech fans in that picture are wearing black jackets because its cold, so they end up looking like mutts too.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Hate to be a Debbie downer but it’s hard to stomach paying $55 plus fees per ticket for a game against Northern Illinois or Kennesaw State. I’m a die hard fan (hell we all are on here), but the athletic department can’t expect people to dish out that kind of dough coming off our recent season. Ah well I’ll just wait until they are $10-15 a day or 2 before the game
There are tickets available to those games for $25 plus the fees. The $55 tickets you are looking at are in good seats that season tickets cost a minimum of $680. If price is your major concern, then you can get tickets right now for $25. If you must have the best location, $55 seems very reasonable to me.

You can wait and see what happens on StubHub closer to game time, but I think the $10 tickets are still going to be where the $25 tickets are now. By purchasing that way, you won't be adding any money to GT Athletics.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The other issue that doesn't help is at least half the Tech fans in that picture are wearing black jackets because its cold, so they end up looking like mutts too.
I have gold coats and gold sweaters that I can use. I purchased a cheap oversized thin white fleece jacket for the whiteout one year because I knew I would be wearing a heavier jacket underneath it. If someone has issues getting gold overcoats, just get a $10 gold fleece to wear over the overcoat.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't delude yourself, even if we were coming off a great season you'd be saying the same thing. GT fans want an Alabama program with someone else to pay for it.