Alright, here's the plan

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Too many steps here for all of this to happen. Still, each step could happen.

We go into Durham on fire with intensity and focus. Upperclassmen have had a taste of success on a big scale and refuse to drift lower. With ND and last year's loss to Duke on our minds, we win big. Defense smothers Duke, offense rolls up big yards.

Not quite as focused for UNC, but we are finally home again and we are simply better. We get the W.

Meanwhile, Clem and Notre Dame keep winning. The night of our game with UNC, ND travels to Clemson. This time they get to be the visiting team with 80,000 screaming lunatic Tiger fans. Drunk too, since it's a night game. They are not sharp. Rookie quarterback throws three picks and the Tigers get the win. They shoot up in the polls.

The week after the ND game, the Tigers' heads grow big as Halloween pumpkins. Their coaches tell them that Ga Tech is coming to town, a conference team which beat them soundly last year. The say they are listening, but they aren't. They are still basking in the glow of beating the mighty Irish.

This time Tech goes to play a big game on the road with lessons learned from the ND game. We keep our poise and find a way to win.

So we shoot up in the polls and have a number of conference wins with no losses. The Notre Dame game is way in past.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

We go into Durham on fire with intensity and focus. Upperclassmen have had a taste of success on a big scale and refuse to drift lower. With ND and last year's loss to Duke on our minds, we win big. Defense smothers Duke, offense rolls up big yards.

Not quite as focused for UNC, but we are finally home again and we are simply better. We get the W.

Meanwhile, Clem and Notre Dame keep winning. The night of our game with UNC, ND travels to Clemson. This time they get to be the visiting team with 80,000 screaming lunatic Tiger fans. Drunk too, since it's a night game. They are not sharp. Rookie quarterback throws three picks and the Tigers get the win. They shoot up in the polls.

The week after the ND game, the Tigers' heads grow big as Halloween pumpkins. Their coaches tell them that Ga Tech is coming to town, a conference team which beat them soundly last year. The say they are listening, but they aren't. They are still basking in the glow of beating the mighty Irish.

This time Tech goes to play a big game on the road with lessons learned from the ND game. We keep our poise and find a way to win.

So we shoot up in the polls and have a number of conference wins with no losses. The Notre Dame game is way in past.
You forgot to add we win the conference then face ND in the finals of the playoff and beat them to win the Natty.

That is exactly how I see it happening.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It's like Niels Bohr said, "Prediction is difficult, especially about the future."

I hope it works out like this, but we don't need to worry about other teams and what'll happen to them. We need to worry about better execution on our own. Skov was right; we didn't execute the O very well up there. That was always what I was afraid of in playing them so soon with so many new people at the skill positions. We need to improve that and we need the D to stifle Puke. If that happens, we'll be on the road to being well.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
It's like Niels Bohr said, "Prediction is difficult, especially about the future."

Or better stated by Yoda (no. not our Yoda), "Difficult to see, the future is."

Prepare for the next game (now Dook). Have a back up plan if any other team tries what ND did. Focus on mistakes made as seen on film. Win the game. Repeat. That is all.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Or better stated by Yoda (no. not our Yoda), "Difficult to see, the future is."

Prepare for the next game (now Dook). Have a back up plan if any other team tries what ND did. Focus on mistakes made as seen on film. Win the game. Repeat. That is all.

Likes enough for this post, there are not...

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow

OK, we're in... we grant permission to execute the plan as proposed!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
No, it was Bohr alright; he had a wit about him.

My other favorite: "No, no, you're not thinking. You're just being logical." I use that one every chance I get.
You are right. I looked it up. I looked up Yogi's quote and it was similar. “It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Here is a better plan......
20150922_192052.png

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Great advice for the team, but being a fan allows us to be ridiculously optimistic.
I agree to an extent. However, I have found that even as a fan if I don't look ahead or create certain preconceived notions for myself then I am less apt to be let down or disappointed. I try to take it one game at a time.