All Time Wins

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
As far as excitement goes, this one ranks up there with the all timers. Been following Tech for a really long time. We’ve had some incredible wins when they weren’t expected. But the way we won tonight, with almost zero percent chance left late in the 4th, has to go down as the most improbable win I’ve ever seen. The way their coaching staff blew the time management, and the way that the call on the field went our way, it was great. But we still had to drive down and score with 26 seconds left. For us to actually do it, when we hadn’t moved the ball well all night, and they knew we had to throw it? Not a chance. Until there was.

GTNC72

Georgia Tech Fan
As far as excitement goes, this one ranks up there with the all timers. Been following Tech for a really long time. We’ve had some incredible wins when they weren’t expected. But the way we won tonight, with almost zero percent chance left late in the 4th, has to go down as the most improbable win I’ve ever seen. The way their coaching staff blew the time management, and the way that the call on the field went our way, it was great. But we still had to drive down and score with 26 seconds left. For us to actually do it, when we hadn’t moved the ball well all night, and they knew we had to throw it? Not a chance. Until there was.
Correct. Reminds me of Cal Ripken Jr's HR in his last All-Star game. The pitcher may have grooved one pitch, but Cal still had to hit it. We still had to drive the field vs UM.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Very close to UNbelievable. I watched the tape last night and thought I knew the final score and STILL was not sure how it would end.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
From my time of watching the Jackets since 1994 and all coming from my memory:

Most exciting wins for me personally:
1996 Virginia
1998 Virginia
1998 uga
2014 uga
2015 FSU
2023 Miami

Worst gut punch I've ever felt:
1997 uga

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
The Virginia game when they were ranked #1 and the Roddy Jones UGA game right off the top of my head. Also the Clemson Calvin Johnson catch.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree, it will remembered as one of the great comeback wins in GT fb history, no matter what happens the rest of season. Wasn’t there, but shared these sentiments with both my sons, both GT grads. A special moment in time.

Some great games listed above. I was in athens to witness the 2014 upset. For me, that ranks 2nd only to the citrus bowl win in 1991. 3rd was the tie w #1 ND in 1980.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My all time favorite is Tech vs. Clemson in 2011. They were the 5th ranked team in the country with Taj Boyd and Sammy Watkins. They were as good on D as the Tiggers are today with multiple future NFLers. But Tech simply came out and cleaned their clocks for the whole game. I saw it and I've seldom been so proud to be a Tech fan. At the end I stood up in the stands and yelled at the top of my voice, "I love to beat Clemson! I love to beat Clemson!" Tech fans in the vicinity applauded.

Here you go:

I watch the full game very six months or so just to have fun.