All ACC Team

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
The issue is that there are tons more media representatives in the Carolinas and Florida that vote on this crap than there are in Georgia. Its the same reason why we get continually picked 5th in our division.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well hell.....even the media around us...in Atlanta......think we are irrelevant lol. Ef the media. I go to ESPN.com for scores. I listen to Buck on 680 some. I'll read the free AJC. But for real content....I come here. The rest is just uninformed noise.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Chuck and Chernoff must be voters. Two dumbest guys in the world talking about football. Turned em on for a few. All they can talk about now is how much we hate them and other media types. Turned em off again. Will probably be another 9 months before I turn em back on again for preseason interest. And then I'll turn em off again till after our next beat down of the mutts.

These guys will never go back on their CPJ criticism....these guys said this season wasn't possible with CPJ at the helm. Time for them to eat crow now but they aint big enuf to.
Yeah, Matt Chernoff should look up the definition of insanity. All they do is ignore and dismiss us all year on that show, and then when they are forced to pay us some attention, all they do is needle Tech fans because we don't call into their show. Therefore, we must "not be excited" and "not bought in". Whatever. Go kick your can Matt and Kang. I don't waste my time calling into radio shows, but if I did, the last show I'd call into would be the one that either ignores or runs down my team constantly.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
GT leads (or tied for lead) the league in:

3rd down conversion
4th down conversion
First Down Offense
Passes had intercepted
Passing yards per completion
Rushing offense
Sacks allowed
Scoring offense
Team passing efficiency
Time of possession
Total offense
Defensive TDs
Blocked kicks
Blocked punts
Blocked punts allowed
Turnover margin

That's quite a lot of offensive categories listed there. Surely we had at least one player that was 1st Team Offense.

jason

Georgia Tech Fan
I love it just shows how much of a team Tech is. No 1st teamers but still playing for a championship. With by far the best offense in the league and most improved defense. no doubt the best coach has to be to beat all these so called great players theses teams recruit.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I would say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Talking heads STILL refuse to get Tech's players credit even at 10-2. The shat on Tech to start the year and they aren't about to let up now. Keep that chips on your collective shoulders guys!!!!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Chuck and Chernoff must be voters. Two dumbest guys in the world talking about football. Turned em on for a few. All they can talk about now is how much we hate them and other media types. Turned em off again. Will probably be another 9 months before I turn em back on again for preseason interest. And then I'll turn em off again till after our next beat down of the mutts.

These guys will never go back on their CPJ criticism....these guys said this season wasn't possible with CPJ at the helm. Time for them to eat crow now but they aint big enuf to.

Yeah, Matt Chernoff should look up the definition of insanity. All they do is ignore and dismiss us all year on that show, and then when they are forced to pay us some attention, all they do is needle Tech fans because we don't call into their show. Therefore, we must "not be excited" and "not bought in". Whatever. Go kick your can Matt and Kang. I don't waste my time calling into radio shows, but if I did, the last show I'd call into would be the one that either ignores or runs down my team constantly.

Y'all know good and well where that comes from. I bet the house that CPJ gave them the Heisman when they asked him to come on with them today. So instead of just moving on they decide to find an angle to put us in the crosshairs. Childish. No need to tune into anything associated with Matt Turnoff.

I tuned in to 92.9 since the afternoon drive show isn't totally unlistenable and was pleasantly surprised. The narrative there was more along the lines of "UGA has all the ingredients to succeed but don't", "GT dominated the game", "Richt's blunders", "Kudos to GT, need to sign CPJ since it's the perfect place for him", etc. IOW they actually put some thought into what the show would/should be about. Wasn't perfect, but light years better than the alternative.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU is loaded, Eddie Goldman is a beast at DT and key player we will have to account for Sat.
Wonder if Tech wins the ACC, if they would be the 1st team to win it without a first team All-ACC player. that would be cool.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
The best running team in the conference having no one on the OL as 1st team is a major joke.

But as noted above, the ACC press is dominated by the North Carolina press. Has been for decades.