Alabama A&M @ GT Game Thread

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Help me out on this guys.

I did not see Kallon in the game until the 4th quarter. If correct, what's up! He is #2 on the depth chart.
There has to be a story here.

ToddM

I still am very unhappy with the football IQ demonstrated by some members of this team and the lack of consistency in the blocking. Tech won because they were by far the more athletic team today but there are still issues that popped up, issues that cost us games against equally classed opponents.

Two examples;

The long pass by Thomas to Summers down the left hash was under thrown, it needs to be thrown out in front of the WR, Summers had to wait on it. The ball gets picked against a faster more talented back.

Tech is still diving at the empty grass spots. On the TD to the right, I think it was Godhigh, not sure, the defensive player who met our RB at the goal line was whiffed on by the right tackle who dove at his feet and ended up hitting nothing but grass. The LB who was the target of the block attempt is the one who was a little late coming over for the tackle and ended up hitting our guy as he was crossing the goal line. Again a faster defense tackles that play for a loss or at best no gain.

A lot of work to be done yet, I know the starting lineman are hurt, I know we blew them out but do this stuff next week and it's an interception and one less TD against Ga.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Haha RE: days under center, "yeah we might have been setting up something for next week, who knows?"

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The ball clearly landed a yard behind where the QB got hit. I can't believe the commentators didn't even realize that and kept looking at the forward motion of the arm.
We were befuddled in the stands as to why it took so long to get the call right. Of course the replays we got didn't zoom in and slow down.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I still am very unhappy with the football IQ demonstrated by some members of this team and the lack of consistency in the blocking. Tech won because they were by far the more athletic team today but there are still issues that popped up, issues that cost us games against equally classed opponents.

Two examples;

The long pass by Thomas to Summers down the left hash was under thrown, it needs to be thrown out in front of the WR, Summers had to wait on it. The ball gets picked against a faster more talented back.

Tech is still diving at the empty grass spots. On the TD to the right, I think it was Godhigh, not sure, the defensive player who met our RB at the goal line was whiffed on by the right tackle who dove at his feet and ended up hitting nothing but grass. The LB who was the target of the block attempt is the one who was a little late coming over for the tackle and ended up hitting our guy as he was crossing the goal line. Again a faster defense tackles that play for a loss or at best no gain.

A lot of work to be done yet, I know the starting lineman are hurt, I know we blew them out but do this stuff next week and it's an interception and one less TD against Ga.
Regarding the pass, you're dead on. Taj was hitting his receivers in stride last week. We'd need some Auburn luck to complete passes like that on the 30th.