AJC: Jeune impressing

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, that was a good read.

Btw, that play in the OB must have driven the bell ringers crazy. Jeune almost let it squirt through his legs and there was a whole pile of 'em swarming around. I know I was breathing one big sigh of relief when he covered it up. It reminded me of the play where FSU fumbled into the endzone in '08. The dude who recovered it tried to scoop it up and run instead of simply falling on it. He almost fumbled it right back for a td.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks, that was a good read.

Btw, that play in the OB must have driven the bell ringers crazy. Jeune almost let it squirt through his legs and there was a whole pile of 'em swarming around. I know I was breathing one big sigh of relief when he covered it up. It reminded me of the play where FSU fumbled into the endzone in '08. The dude who recovered it tried to scoop it up and run instead of simply falling on it. He almost fumbled it right back for a td.
Usually the ball pops up more than it did when it hits the ground. It squirting through wouldn't have been as bad as if it hit him in the chest and bounced forward. His body posture looks like he is expecting it to bounce more than it did. I think he did a great job of corralling the ball.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Usually the ball pops up more than it did when it hits the ground. It squirting through wouldn't have been as bad as if it hit him in the chest and bounced forward. His body posture looks like he is expecting it to bounce more than it did. I think he did a great job of corralling the ball.
I agree completely. I didn't mean to say he played it wrong or badly. That ball took a crazy no-hop and his sharp reflexes allowed him to corral it. Great play! The only way it reminded me of that FSU play was how it almost stopped my heart.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I agree completely. I didn't mean to say he played it wrong or badly. That ball took a crazy no-hop and his sharp reflexes allowed him to corral it. Great play! The only way it reminded me of that FSU play was how it almost stopped my heart.

yep, Cheese
plays like that --that DIDN'T happen,made that a special yr, --and makes one wonder where his head was at---,some guys just have a head for making the right play, naturals