AJC "free" app

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Are any of y'all able to see info on the AJC News app (the one that was quirky but free)? Looks like it is now just like their standard app where you have to buy a subscription to see most articles. Funny, in the past I couldn't see the "E-Paper" but it is available on my phone now. Not sure if an update inadvertently changed settings or if this is a new thing.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Are any of y'all able to see info on the AJC News app (the one that was quirky but free)? Looks like it is now just like their standard app where you have to buy a subscription to see most articles. Funny, in the past I couldn't see the "E-Paper" but it is available on my phone now. Not sure if an update inadvertently changed settings or if this is a new thing.
Agree… I lost access to the online article version that used to be free. Seems like the old app quit working, I downloaded an update, which was accessible for a short period and now I get subscription blocks. I haven’t found a work around, but I also haven’t worked too hard at it

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
They've had some pretty good writeups on Tech spring practice. Just funny how now you can actually "read" the daily newspaper (e-paper) now on the app as before that cost to get to using the app. Just can't pull up the individual articles like before. I actually prefer looking at the e-paper (though requires I guess to read each day) as it looks like a, well, newspaper

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I was a long time buyer of the the paper then the online edition. A few years ago they started having a conservative political cartoonist and didn't think twice about labeling it as "From the Right". And yet Lukovich's cartoon never was labelled as "From the Left". When I contacted the editor (at the time it was Kevin Riley) he handed my question off on some one else and that someone else would never answer why they don't label Lukovich's cartoon. I quit them.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I was a long time buyer of the the paper then the online edition. A few years ago they started having a conservative political cartoonist and didn't think twice about labeling it as "From the Right". And yet Lukovich's cartoon never was labelled as "From the Left". When I contacted the editor (at the time it was Kevin Riley) he handed my question off on some one else and that someone else would never answer why they don't label Lukovich's cartoon. I quit them.
I was at a gathering for a conservative cause some 30 years ago and they were counting the attendees by putting little round stickies on your lapel as you entered. They knew pretty closely how many were there.

The organizers reported ~10K in attendance. The AUC the next day wrote that the organizers claimed to have 10K but that the APD reported less than 5K in attendance. So I called the APD public relations office and asked what their estimate was. Their answer? 10K.

I never bought another paper from them. They absolutely lie to you when it suits their purpose.