ACC's in big trouble tonight

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
They should get Musburger to a doctor if he has an Auburn erection for more than 4 hours.

Isn't that the truth. Ol' Brent was all but on his knees blowin' Auburn up as THE team. Just ridiculous with his favoritism... maybe he was still having fantasies about A.J. McCarron's girlfriend - Katherine Webb - from last year.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Isn't that the truth. Ol' Brent was all but on his knees blowin' Auburn up as THE team. Just ridiculous with his favoritism... maybe he was still having fantasies about A.J. McCarron's girlfriend - Katherine Webb - from last year.

I'll have to cut Brent some slack. I have a copy of the 1990 Citrus Bowl (VHS) and he loved all over Georgia Tech in that game. I guess he picks a favorite and is not ashamed to show it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Did any of you guys watch the ESPN News broadcast of the game? Man was that awesome. Absolutely zero homerism, just a bunch of current head coaches and former players shootin' the **** and reviewing film on a telestrator and cracking jokes. I'd watch a game that way everytime if I could. They were even questioning the officials, it was awesome. The best insight came from Chris Spielman and Kevin Sumlin. Spielman was all over bad form on tackles even making sarcastic jokes about it "You know your allowed to wrap up guys...."

Best of all was zero SEC homerism and this was on an ESPN network.

Here's just a snippet where all the guys predicted FSU's pivotal fake punt:

Animal02

Banned
FSU would have had the 1st down on nthe fake punt even without the reverse.....they had the numbers on the right side as well......Auburn was really caught off guard on that one.
I like that format, would have had to go downstairs last night to get ESPN News.....so I was stuck with SEC cheerleading.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
That was big for the ACC. We really needed that. I am very happy for F$U and Klimpson. Not a great overall showing in the bowls by the ACC, but those last two wins were great performances on a national stage. Our conference won't by the Rodney Dangerfield of football next season.

Not a bad showing either. If Duke had held on, I would actually say it would have been a pretty good showing for the ACC, considering that would have given us a winning record vs. the SEC and a win in each of our three biggest bowls. As it stands, the guy who predicted the ACC to go 0-11 would have been almost as close had he predicted them to go 11-0. Hooray SEC homerism!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Here's just a snippet where all the guys predicted FSU's pivotal fake punt:
The coach was trying to play it cool but we all know on the inside he was like:
original.gif

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
What is the ACC bowl record this year? 2-0 in the BCS looks pretty good.
GT, Miami, VT, BC, Duke, & Maryland lost

Clemson, FSU, Syracuse, Pitt, & ?? won

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
ACC 2-0 in BCS bowls... SEC 0-2 in BCS bowls....but I admit the ACC is still lagging behind overall. This at least is improvement though.