ACCCG

Techster

Helluva Engineer
FSU just played a VERY physical game with UF.

Now they get a 3 day turnaround against our offense which they had zero preparations for all season. We have lived off turnovers during our amazing run, and Jameis Winston and FSU have been turnover machines during the first half of games all year. It's setting up very well for us to win this game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but can he get 4 years worth of experience in their heads in 3 days? I don't think so. Offensive records will be set.

That's the Key.

Every coach on our schedule outside of Dave Doeren at NC State has said they've spent time during fall camp and during the season working on our offense in anticipation of playing us. FSU had no way of seeing this coming. They may or may not lose to us on Saturday, but it will not end well for their defense.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU just played a VERY physical game with UF.

Now they get a 3 day turnaround against our offense which they had zero preparations for all season. We have lived off turnovers during our amazing run, and Jameis Winston and FSU have been turnover machines during the first half of games all year. It's setting up very well for us to win this game.

We had a pretty physical game too. Worried about Smelter.

Still super pissed about the lack of forward progress whistles in that game. I'm shocked there weren't more injuries.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
On plus for FSU is that Coach Kelly practiced vs. this offense for 4 years.
How much did y'all go against the O while you were there? When other schools negatively recruit against us for def players They are always said do you really want to practice against that O, to which CPJ always says the def only sees the O in the spring and not that much. Not saying Kelly will not have a leg up compared to somebody that has never see it, but it is not like he was going up against it every week during the season while he was here.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Fsu is deep in talent.
Sure seems like Gt has played the subs this year.
Expect a war.
They are clinging to a dream and we are just pissed of at being dissed all year.
Their vain fans will motivate the jackets. They think gt is a joke. The horse and the guy with the spear is cool but I hate the stupid chant. Hope it's quiet in the 4th.

Know is ACC championship thread but THWG

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
How much did y'all go against the O while you were there? When other schools negatively recruit against us for def players They are always said do you really want to practice against that O, to which CPJ always says the def only sees the O in the spring and not that much. Not saying Kelly will not have a leg up compared to somebody that has never see it, but it is not like he was going up against it every week during the season while he was here.

A good bit during the spring not so much during the season

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Early in the season FSU played The Citadel, which runs an option-based spread generally similar to Tech, albeit a mediocre 1-AA/FCS version of it -- so FSU got some very-early-season "game-scrimmage work" against it, no doubt better than what they'll see from their scout-team offense this week. (Some folks make a deal of Citadel getting 250 yards on the ground against FSU, I don't, because it was early in the season, and the 'Nole defense was kept pretty vanilla since they could out-athlete The Citadel.) Still: FSU's defense has not faced a rushing attack more complex or effective than Tech this season; BC was quite good, with a huge and veteran o-line, but Tech's run attack is better. I hope Tech's offense is good for at least 35 points -- doable, but not easy.

Tech's defense has improved considerably the past five games, and defensive scheming has improved. Love the hustle, love the opportunistic nature of the squad. That said, coach Roof and company will have plenty to prep for, because Jameis Winston has some real weapons in WR Rashad Green, RB Dalvin Cook, and TE Nick O'Leary, among others. I'd be surprised if FSU scores less than 31 points.

As for FSU online fans, it seems to me that while most are confident (and why wouldn't they be in light of their 28-game streak?), they respect Tech's ability to make things uncomfortable in Charlotte. The overwhelming hope in November was to face Duke, not "that damn Tech offense," in the conference title game.

The recipe for a Tech upset is more of the same: eat clock/run well, get TDs instead of FGs, Tech commits not more than one turnover, and preferably gets two or more turnovers from the 'Noles. Possible, but not easy. Thus endeth the Captain Obvious Report. (y)