ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

#1 we need to be healthy and come out hot against likely Clemson. They will be on zero rest, so we absolutely have to take advantage of that. On equal rest, we beat them by 18 early in the season. When we had 1 day off to their entire week, they beat us by a missed shot that ricocheted in at the buzzer. Gotta win that game. Once you get the adrenaline and energy of being in the final 4, anything can happen.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

VPIs 4th leading scorer, averages 20 min/night. They rotate a lot of guys tho. If they loses their first game I wonder if they’re sweating on Selection Sunday. They’re basically clinging to that upset of Nova early in the season as the only thing making their resumé look decent.

Deleted member 2897

VPIs 4th leading scorer, averages 20 min/night. They rotate a lot of guys tho. If they loses their first game I wonder if they’re sweating on Selection Sunday. They’re basically clinging to that upset of Nova early in the season as the only thing making their resumé look decent.

Virginia Tech has been smoke and mirrors this year. They only played 5 games against the top 9 in the ACC. LOL. At this point, they're just a punch line. They're trying to do everything they can to skip hard games and when forced to play to have excuses.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
#1 we need to be healthy and come out hot against likely Clemson. They will be on zero rest, so we absolutely have to take advantage of that. On equal rest, we beat them by 18 early in the season. When we had 1 day off to their entire week, they beat us by a missed shot that ricocheted in at the buzzer. Gotta win that game. Once you get the adrenaline and energy of being in the final 4, anything can happen.
You know Jose's probably got in his head that he wants redemption/revenge for that game. He's going to really take it to 'em, I can't wait.

He totally deserved getting DPOY, and I'm thrilled for him, but a really small part of me would have looked forward to the game where a runner-up, chip-on-the-shoulder Jose just completely goes to town on the guy that beat him out. Maybe this can be that game.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
If we end up playing Clem’s Son on Thursday, I want to see us dish out MAJOR payback for that game.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If we end up playing Clem’s Son on Thursday, I want to see us dish out MAJOR payback for that game.

What is lost is that was one of the few games where Moses was really hindered by foul trouble picking up 3 in the space of a minute in the first half. He still played 30 minutes and had 15 points on 6-7 shooting but he was hesitant on defense

yjfan

Jolly Good Fellow
That right there sounds like the kind of strategy that could earn a fella the ACC Coach of the Year award...:rolleyes:
i have mixed feelings about VT.
on one hand - i feel like what they are doing is cheating.
But on the other hand- them making the tourney makes us look good since we beat em, and the more ACC teams in= more $$- even though as much as i hate to say it-syracuse prob deserves it more then them

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Pitt looking to complete the freefall as it is losing to miami by 4 at the half. I have an idea combing with the talk from another thread.

How about Champagnie follow his teammates off the sinking ship and come here. Wouldn't be a bad gig. Get some big man development under coach rev.

slugboy

Staff member
Pitt looking to complete the freefall as it is losing to miami by 4 at the half. I have an idea combing with the talk from another thread.

How about Champagnie follow his teammates off the sinking ship and come here. Wouldn't be a bad gig. Get some big man development under coach rev.
Champagnie wants to play with his brother, apparently

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Hoping NCSU gets hot against uva... I love our chances against NCSU. I think pastner is undefeated against keatts?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Champagnie wants to play with his brother, apparently
He had a double double today and looked bad doing it. That's tricky unless you were once the favorite for ACC Player of the Year.

Pitt lost 10 of their last 12 and got progressively worse as the season progressed. Capel has a contract for $3 million+ running through 2027. No chance he will be next coach at Duke. And Pitt is looking at some possible transfers out.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
That short bench of Miami (on game 3) would be just rewards for us given our no rest stretch.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
He had a double double today and looked bad doing it. That's tricky unless you were once the favorite for ACC Player of the Year.

Pitt lost 10 of their last 12 and got progressively worse as the season progressed. Capel has a contract for $3 million+ running through 2027. No chance he will be next coach at Duke. And Pitt is looking at some possible transfers out.

11 pts + 10 rebs on 5-20 shooting, 1-8 from 3, and 0-2 from the line. Rest of the team was 24-41 from the field and 9-16 from 3. He basically lost it for them. They cruise to a W if he has even a decent game.

Deleted member 2897

Well I predicted 7 upsets in the ACCT. 1 for 1 LOL.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
11 pts + 10 rebs on 5-20 shooting, 1-8 from 3, and 0-2 from the line. Rest of the team was 24-41 from the field and 9-16 from 3. He basically lost it for them. They cruise to a W if he has even a decent game.

Dang, that's an awful game. Wonder if he was tryna 'prove' he should've been ACCPOY which ... like, I don't see how he could've even been in the running considering how terrible his team was/is.

Status
Not open for further replies.