ACC/SEC Challenge

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
GT vs. Missy St.
I am glad we're playing at home, but how do we match up with Miss State? I think we will be better than last year, but how much better is just a guess. Some early predictions have Miss State in the middle of the SEC, but I have nothing but questions about what that says about them.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Should be a good crowd for that one since students usually turn out for P6 games, especially if we're undefeated to that point. I wish we got a 9pm tip though. Women's tip the following afternoon at 5pm sucks too.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Should be a good crowd for that one since students usually turn out for P6 games, especially if we're undefeated to that point. I wish we got a 9pm tip though. Women's tip the following afternoon at 5pm sucks too.
You get tip off times by earning them with good teams that have interesting matchups. Neither BB Team last year earned a good tip off time.

So far MBB offseason has been encouraging. Hope the season plays out well.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
For a home game I would rather have a 7 PM tip. 9 PM tips for GT are even less well attended than 7 PM.
9:15pm weekday tip against Wisconsin a couple seasons ago was maybe the rowdiest crowd we've ever had in McCamish. It was the largest crowd of the season according to Wikipedia.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With the B1G no longer having a contract with ESPN, the ACC/B1G challenge has ended. In its place ESPN has the ACC/SEC Challenge.

GT will host Miss St on Nov 28th.
In this CBSSports article the author ranks it as the 5th most appealing matchup (though that is basically decided by whether either team is ranked in CBSSports Top 25).

seedjckt

Georgia Tech Fan
With the B1G no longer having a contract with ESPN, the ACC/B1G challenge has ended. In its place ESPN has the ACC/SEC Challenge.

GT will host Miss St on Nov 28th.
In this CBSSports article the author ranks it as the 5th most appealing matchup (though that is basically decided by whether either team is ranked in CBSSports Top 25).

How does GT, near the bottom of the ACC last year, get a top 25 team in this challenge??

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
9:15pm weekday tip against Wisconsin a couple seasons ago was maybe the rowdiest crowd we've ever had in McCamish. It was the largest crowd of the season according to Wikipedia.
Wasn't that because the frats and students heard we were playing Whisky and thought...well...you know....

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Cremins called and asked that I call BS on rowdiest ever. Morrison agreed with you though. :cool:

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Cremins called and asked that I call BS on rowdiest ever.
AUFC said loudest crowd ever in McCamish. Not ever in any GT facility. Given that McCamish is normally dead and half full, I would say the Wisconsin game is at least in the top 5 games. (Only Gregory & Pastner have ever coached GT in McCamish)