ACC Predictions

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Predicting is just that. I wish I could, I’d be a millionaire many times over. Half of the preseason top 25 will not be there in the end. Or more.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
generally these unbiased projections are better than consulting any team's fanbase.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Do these people look at anything besides last seasons records? Duke has a much tougher ACC schedule this year, it will be interesting to see how they handle it but I seriously doubt they finish in the top half

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Do these people look at anything besides last seasons records? Duke has a much tougher ACC schedule this year, it will be interesting to see how they handle it but I seriously doubt they finish in the top half
Remember how CPJ’s teams were often picked to be near the bottom (sometimes last) in the Coastal, only to finish first or second? It’s tempting to say they only look at last year’s record, but I think there is a vague “team reputation” concept bias at work also.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
To answer your question, IMO not too much more than that.
Bottom line, we still have a lot to prove this season and these CBS opinions, and other similar, should be a great motivator for our young team.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Mainly they look at reputation, last years record, and reputation.
Did I mention reputation?
As soon as ND enters the conference, if they ever do, they will be in the top 2.
Even if they had a losing season the previous year.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Hate to say it but I’m with the analysts that are saying FSU wins the ACC.
Tons of people here hating on them because of their meaningless media banter and lack of success since 2016ish, but the talent level is VERY high and getting higher. I understand the same could be said about Miami, a consistently underperforming team, but FSU is better coached (not by a ton, but enough). With tons of returning talent and proven NFL grade transfers this off-season, they have every reason to be even better on both sides of the ball.

I think we are pretty lucky to not play them this year. If they beat just one of Clemson or LSU, I can see them waltzing right into the CFP.

Don’t get me wrong, their AD is a short-sighted panzy for thinking media groaning will help their situation or anyone else’s in the slightest. But there’s a chance they beat everyone this year.

10 days. Go f$@%ing jackets.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Mainly they look at reputation, last years record, and reputation.
Did I mention reputation?
As soon as ND enters the conference, if they ever do, they will be in the top 2.
Even if they had a losing season the previous year.
The one year they were in the conference they won the ACC Title. Was due to their reputation or their on field play against only other ACC Teams. Lord have mercy you guys are so butt hurt over the ACC sucking as a football conference.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hate to say it but I’m with the analysts that are saying FSU wins the ACC.
Tons of people here hating on them because of their meaningless media banter and lack of success since 2016ish, but the talent level is VERY high and getting higher. I understand the same could be said about Miami, a consistently underperforming team, but FSU is better coached (not by a ton, but enough). With tons of returning talent and proven NFL grade transfers this off-season, they have every reason to be even better on both sides of the ball.

I think we are pretty lucky to not play them this year. If they beat just one of Clemson or LSU, I can see them waltzing right into the CFP.

Don’t get me wrong, their AD is a short-sighted panzy for thinking media groaning will help their situation or anyone else’s in the slightest. But there’s a chance they beat everyone this year.

10 days. Go f$@%ing jackets.
There QB is very good. Clemson's is ok.

slugboy

Staff member
David Hale and Andrea Adelson focus on the ACC. They watch and report on ACC teams every week.

I can see ignoring Dennis Dodd. Hale and Adelson know a lot about the teams and coaches.

The thing I don’t like seeing from them is rating us below BC and Syracuse. That’s bad.

If the team wants bulletin board material, they got it this year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
David Hale and Andrea Adelson focus on the ACC. They watch and report on ACC teams every week.

I can see ignoring Dennis Dodd. Hale and Adelson know a lot about the teams and coaches.

The thing I don’t like seeing from them is rating us below BC and Syracuse. That’s bad.

If the team wants bulletin board material, they got it this year.

Pretty much everyone has us losing to *both* of them.

I'm not seeing that but we'll see.