ACC Pre-Season Poll

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Take this FWIW.
GT is projected to finish 12th in the ACC.

You could argue though that based on the expectations they have a relatively easy conference schedule as GT plays 5 of the bottom 6 (outside of itself) on its schedule, missing only VT.
Only 3 of the top 7 (Clemson #1, UNC #3, Miami #5).

slugboy

Staff member
I’ve seen some projections for 13th place (that’s generally what I’ve seen).

I don’t agree with that, but outsiders thought we got lucky last year, and don’t have a lot of faith in Key.

Outsiders didn’t have a lot of confidence in Elko at Duke until he won 5 in a row, and I don’t recall a lot of love for Clawson his first two 3-9 seasons.

These polls aren’t usually good leading indicators of change.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what these guys are smoking but Wake is ninth? They have a good chance to win the conference. Treu, losing Hartman sucked, but their new guy is pretty good, by all reports. And, of course, they are a heavily junior and senior team.

If Tech can find a QB we'll do ok too. Until we do, the ranking is, imho, about right. Again, get Pyron to embrace his inner Nick Fitzgerald and we'll see some action.

slugboy

Staff member
I don't know what these guys are smoking but Wake is ninth? They have a good chance to win the conference. Treu, losing Hartman sucked, but their new guy is pretty good, by all reports. And, of course, they are a heavily junior and senior team.

If Tech can find a QB we'll do ok too. Until we do, the ranking is, imho, about right. Again, get Pyron to embrace his inner Nick Fitzgerald and we'll see some action.
Good news for Wake: They play Elon, Vandy, and Old Dominion to start the season. Then, they get Georgia Tech, Clemson, VT, Pitt, FSU, Duke, NCST, Notre Dame, and Syracuse.

I’m gonna guess the writers in Raleigh have Elon, Vandy, ODU, GT, VT, Duke, and Syracuse as wins for Wake, and they have Clemson, Pitt, FSU, NCST, and Notre Dame as losses. I’m not sure if that’s 9th. Maybe the writers have one more from the win column moving to the loss column.

Last edited: