ACC Players who declared for the Draft

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here is a list of the ACC players who declared for the draft.
To return to college they must withdraw by May 31st.

TJ Bickerstaff 6'9, Sr BC - also in Transfer portal
Quentin Post 7'0, Sr BC - expected to return

PJ Hall 6'10, Jr Clemson

Derek Lively II 7'1, Fr Duke - will stay in
Jeremy Roach 6'2, Jr Duke - will stay in
Dariq Whitehead 6'7, Fr Duke - will stay in

Miles Kelly 6'4, So GT

El Ellis, 6'3, Sr L'ville - has committed to ARK in portal

Norchad Ormier 6'7, Jr Miami
Nigel Pack 6'0, Jr Miami
Isiah Wong 6'4, Sr Miami - will stay in

Isaiah Miranda 7'1, Fr NC ST
Casey Morsell 6'3, Sr NC ST
Terquavion Smith 6'4, So NC ST - will stay in

Cormac Ryan 6'5, Sr Notre Dame - committed to UNC in portal

Blake Hinson 6'7, Jr Pitt

Joseph Girard III 6'1, Sr Syracuse - also in Transfer portal
Judah Mintz 6'3, Fr Syracuse

Reece Beekman 6'3, Jr UVA
Armaan Franklin 6'4, Sr UVA - will stay in

Grant Basile 6'9, Sr, VT - will stay in, has already signed professional contract in Italy

Bobi Klintman 6'10, Fr Wake

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I freely admit I don’t follow sports closely anymore but when I see these freshmen applying for the NBA draft I think about how few players are ready for that level. They can’t all be Moses Malone.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I think very few of that list will get drafted, even fewer in the first round. Lively, Whitehead will go in the first, but outside the lottery. Wong & Smith may go late first to mid second. Hall, Beekman & Mintz probably get picked up in second round by someone taking a low cost flyer. Doubt any of the others will get drafted, so either G League or Europe (unless they come back to college).

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think very few of that list will get drafted, even fewer in the first round. Lively, Whitehead will go in the first, but outside the lottery. Wong & Smith may go late first to mid second. Hall, Beekman & Mintz probably get picked up in second round by someone taking a low cost flyer. Doubt any of the others will get drafted, so either G League or Europe (unless they come back to college).
If that’s the case someone is going to get a steal in Wong. Absolute gamer

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
If that’s the case someone is going to get a steal in Wong. Absolute gamer
No argument that he's a big time player. I think his size (listed at 6'4" but think he'll come in closer to 6'2" at combine) and lack of elite shooting (never shot > 45% overall or > 38% from 3 in his four years) means he is, at best, an "energy guy" who comes in for short bursts and provides a lift. Could be a steal like Jose, but I think Jose's defensive skillset translates better to the next level than Wong's.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I expect most of the players on the list to return.
Miami really needs Pack and Ormier to return. They lost pretty much all their young recruited players to the portal. I wonder if the LifeWallet situation is having any effect on their NIL $.
UVA really needs Beekman to return.
Clemson's coach says he expects Hall to return.
I'd be surprised if both Miranda and Morrell are not back for NC ST.
Pitt really could use Hinson back.

Klintman may be the most interesting one on the list. Didn't put up big numbers as a FR, but his 6'10 frame with his outside shooting ability could find some NBA team willing to take a flyer on a young kid.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, Klintman is staying in the draft.
He chose not to participate in the combine and is starting to show up on some 1st round mocks. Chatter is he may have a 1st round promise.

Roach actually decided to go back to Duke.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, Klintman is staying in the draft.
He chose not to participate in the combine and is starting to show up on some 1st round mocks. Chatter is he may have a 1st round promise.

Roach actually decided to go back to Duke.
You are correct. I think Roach was not invited for the NBA combine evaluations nor the G league tryouts so he has opted to stay at Duke another year rather than turn pro. Duke should be pretty good this coming season but so was UNC supposed to be last year.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
You are correct. I think Roach was not invited for the NBA combine evaluations nor the G league tryouts so he has opted to stay at Duke another year rather than turn pro. Duke should be pretty good this coming season but so was UNC supposed to be last year.
UNC had some serious chemistry problems. I think it was too easy to compare that team to the team that made the national championship. When they faced some adversity and things weren't as shiny as they were the previous Feb/March/April, they fell apart. Yes, Duke won the ACC title but I think they have some unfinished business as far as their early exit from the NCAA Tournament goes so I'd expect them to be pretty focused.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
It’s been quiet on Miles Kelly - not seeing him on any Round 2 nba mocks; REALLY hoping he chooses to return and lead the team in scoring rather than a creative, unconventional path to the NBA. 🤞

He’s not really in year after mocks either.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Basically almost everyone on the list who had not made an announcement returned.
Here are the players that returned:
Quentin Post - BC
PJ Hall - Clemson
Joe Girard - transferred from Syracuse to Clemson
Jeremy Roach - Duke (maybe the biggest surprise)
Miles Kelly - GT
Norchad Ormier - Miami
Nijel Pack - Miami
Cormac Ryan - transferred from ND to UNC
Casey Morsell - NC St
Blake Hinson - Pitt
Judah Mintz - Syracuse
Reece Beekman - UVA

TJ Bickerstaff (BC) - transferred to James Madison
Isiah Moranda (NC ST) - withdrew but is going to transfer
Bobi Klintman stay in the draft and is rumored to have a 1st round promise.