ACC Offensive Back of the Week.

So proud of TM. Can't wait to see what he does the rest of the season, we have another special one under center in ATL.

I really resent the tweet about TM being greedy and not pitching the ball on the 2-point conversion. Was that person on the field? Did he see what TM saw? HELL, NO to both questions. TM actually admitted that he might have been a little selfish, but there appeared to be an opening, and when it closed, the pitch was too late. We all make mistakes, but he did too much in the game to dwell on that one misjudgement, no matter how costly it turned out to be.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I really resent the tweet about TM being greedy and not pitching the ball on the 2-point conversion. Was that person on the field? Did he see what TM saw? HELL, NO to both questions. TM actually admitted that he might have been a little selfish, but there appeared to be an opening, and when it closed, the pitch was too late. We all make mistakes, but he did too much in the game to dwell on that one misjudgement, no matter how costly it turned out to be.

And it is not like they hadn't been allowing him good yardage on most plays. It's over. No player was perfect. Just glad I get to see my Jackets again in less than a week!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Funny how things work out at QB. I think everyone resigned TQM to the AB heap and CPJ was wasting his eligibility by not keeping him at AB so he could work on the position. MJ would play out this year, and the two redshirt freshmen would battle it out the next 3 years.

Well, everyone forgot that every player has a say in their destiny. TM played a heck of a game and left it all out there. LOVED his leadership. Especially loved how he went to the defense and appeared to apologize for having to come out of the game and disrupting our offensive momentum. Never mind that he was sacrificing his body all game to move the chains. That's a guy that inspires every player to play their hardest because you feel like you're cheating if you're not playing as hard as he is. Don't need to get into how well he played, it speaks for itself.

Excited about his potential, and really excited about the flashes of his passing ability. He had 2 TD passes (to Stewart and Searcy) that if he connects, it's a blowout. Threw a GREAT pass on his first completion over a defender (maybe a little lucky there) and into a small window. He ran for over 200 yards, but he was also around 150 yards passing...which combined with his ground game is about as good as you can get for our QBs.

I hate to say I told you so (and I not trying to be a smart a**) but when all the hysteria broke after the fall scrimmage I stated that TQ should be the starter IMO. At the scrimmage he showed command of the huddle, leadership, the ability to run between the tackles and a good (not great) arm. All the very things we saw last night. I trust PJ to know who the best candidate would be and my view just happen to coincide with his :D

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Which one of those talks about him being greedy? They all look 100% positive to me.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I have watched GT football since the 60's and to me Marshall had the best game I have ever seen by a QB at Tech. A truly incredible performance, one for the ages. He didn't deserve to lose.
Yep. The only one I can think of that would be remotely close would be Shawn Jones against Virginia and a couple of Joe Ham's masterpieces. Truly a performance for the ages. Please, please, pretty please, TM don't get hurt.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
One of the ESPN writers also gave Marshall a Heisman vote on their Heisman watch. tied with Bama RB and Guice from LSU. Nice to see some recognition. Impressive to break into the list after 1 week as a relative unknown to everyone outside the program

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say I told you so (and I not trying to be a smart a**) but when all the hysteria broke after the fall scrimmage I stated that TQ should be the starter IMO. At the scrimmage he showed command of the huddle, leadership, the ability to run between the tackles and a good (not great) arm. All the very things we saw last night. I trust PJ to know who the best candidate would be and my view just happen to coincide with his :D

Hey man...I said I thought either TM or MJ would be the starter (I was right) and LJ would play (I was wrong). I had my bases covered...:)

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Not to take anything away from Coach Cook, but between TaQuan and the B-Back play on Monday Coach Candeto is the real deal. TaQuan went from A-Back to buried on the depth chart to the monster we saw Monday.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just thinking about the beauty of what we do on offense and why I like it so much.

TM had a MONSTER game. Dominated the stat sheet and set records. Hate the L, but the blame doesn't lay at his feet (although he'd probably take blame for his fumble).

One of the best quarterbacked game I saw under CPJ at GT, however, was JeT vs. Miami in 2014. His stat line: 4-7 for 53 yards, 13 rushes for 27 yards and 1 TD. Perfect reads all game, no mistakes, masterful.

Both games were phenomenal performances. Both QBs took what the defense gave them all game long. I guarantee that if Jake Fromm goes 4-7 for 53 yards against ND this weekend, UGAg will lose by 50.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not to take anything away from Coach Cook, but between TaQuan and the B-Back play on Monday Coach Candeto is the real deal. TaQuan went from A-Back to buried on the depth chart to the monster we saw Monday.

Our QB/BB coaches have all been good. Unlike Bohannon and Cooke, Candeto played in this offense and has been exposed to CPJ's coaching from the very beginning. He can probably relate to on field experience in ways Bohannon and Cooke could only conceptualize. I

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Rivals Three-Star Checkup: Former three-stars that shined in Week 1
TaQuon Marshall, Athlete, RR: 5.5, Harris County, Hamilton, GA, 5'10" 167 lbs Class of 2015

As a recruit: Georgia Tech was one of the first programs to recognize Marshall’s ability. While he took a long look at Duke and North Carolina, he eventually committed to the Yellow Jackets in the summer prior to his senior season and never wavered on his pledge.

What he did this week: Georgia Tech often takes players recruited as athletes by other programs and turns them into quality quarterbacks but even Marshall’s emergence for the Jackets is a surprise. He came to the school with the potential to play several positions, but in Monday night’s double-overtime loss to Tennessee, Marshall impressed. He finished the game with 249 yards rushing and five touchdowns while also throwing for 120 yards. His performance wasn’t enough to get the Jackets the win but it did help him make a name for himself on the national stage.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For those who don't hit the link, Marshall was 1 of 3 players on the Rivals article list.

Another of the 3 was Tennessee's John Kelly...

Jmonty71

Banned
If the block in front of him, would of actually been applied, he would of walked in. That wasn't on TM. He did right, in trusting his team. Sorry. I would back his play...