ACC & NCAA Tourney Chances

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Duke wins today, I hope they beat MD tomorrow. It would be just wrong for MD to win when they are leaving the ACC. I was thinking that the teams leaving the ACC shouldn't be able to compete in the championships, but that wouldn't be fair to the players. The administration makes the decisions for $$. But I still don't want MD to win.

B 12 4-4. I just started my first beer out of the lucky glass. It worked for the three games we won. For the one we didn't, my wife had it in the sink and I didn't realize that it was the lucky glass .....

Is Stinger at the game? We need all the good karma we can muster.

Duke must be getting really low in relievers ...... let's hope we see the 13th. ESPN3 blacked out, Gametracker doesn't have the game and the ACC network has minimal information......

Again, regardless of what happens, our team played good ball and won 3 of 4.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, this will be fun:)(y)(y)(y)

MD is 56% likely to win based on Boyd's World Iterative Strength Rankings. {MD has ISR of 112.7 and GT has one of 110.6 for a difference of 2. http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/isr/currentisr.html: then a difference of 2 is a 56% likelihood of a win. http://www.nettally.com/jcarr/Baseball/isr.html}

But as the old saying goes, "E to the x, dx, dy, to hell with differentials, we want ...." to win the ACC CG.

We should start Stanton and our team should be loose. What do they have to lose? They will only be better next year.

We have won the ACC CG 7 times. MD has never won it. Not time for the carpetbaggers to win now!!!!!!!

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
The assumption was that we were in after beating Miami the other night. We are definitely in now.

I thought beating Wake got us in. That's what I read from K Rodgers and others. After that, we were playing for seed.

Anyway, getting ready to drink some beers, grill some sweet N hot honey bee wings, beehive beans, yellow jackets onion rings and humble bumble pie :)

CHEERS EVERYONE and Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Don't forget to thank our people who have served and the ones still serving our country. Freedom isn't Free if it wasn't for them ! God Bless

I thought beating Wake got us in. That's what I read from K Rodgers and others. After that, we were playing for seed.

Anyway, getting ready to drink some beers, grill some sweet N hot honey bee wings, beehive beans, yellow jackets onion rings and humble bumble pie :)

CHEERS EVERYONE and Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Don't forget to thank our people who have served and the ones still serving our country. Freedom isn't Free if it wasn't for them ! God Bless
I think you are right. It was all for seed, not much else. But if we win tomorrow, I would hope our seed would go up a bit.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have we already done enough to make the NCAA field, or do we need to win the ACC?

We are definitely a #3 seed and may make it to #2 seed if we win tomorrow. On WREK, Nolan and Wiley were reading off different projections and two of the projections had us going to the South Carolina regional as a #3 seed before we beat Clemson - good and close!

I'm lucky - a friend and I are going to drive down for the game tomorrow. Good road trip!!