ACC Media Days: One Coach You Need To Know Better

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ACC Media Days: One Coach You Need To Know Better

With all of the preseason awards being handed out at these events, the one that may fit Johnson best is “The Most Underrated Coach.”

When the media and fans discuss the top college football coaches in the country, the names mentioned the most on a consistent basis are the Urban Meyers, Nick Sabans, and Les Miles of the world. Here at the ACC Media Days, Fisher and Virginia Tech Head Coach, Frank Beamer, are the names that get the most press nationwide. However, who has the most ACC Coach of the Year awards amongst the current group of ACC coaches? That would be the Yellow Jackets’ head man, Paul Johnson.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
In addition to the title of :"The Most Underrated Coach", he is also: "The Most Ignored Coach."

Looking at what he has achieved at ALL of his stops and let's be honest; It's doubtful ANYONE else would have even gone to Navy, let alone been successful at a Service Academy. Paul Johnson is truly a throw back coach who wins consistently with more academic restrictions than any other coach in the NCAA.

My hunch is that he wants to not only win an NCAA Power Five Championship, but to do it at GT with very tough academic standards; using an unconventional running offense that still puts WR's into the NFL; and finally show all of the know nothing pundits that this offense works anywhere they play football.

Then and only then will he be satisfied as the rhetoric about this high school offense won't work will finally be dead and buried with a stake driven through the heart of all these media clowns who continue to mock and even deny its success.

What I respect most about CPJ is that he wants to win; hates to punt; and thoroughly enjoys defying the odds while he achieves a level success that makes everyone in the football media look rather foolish.

He's the perfect coach for GT and I for one am very glad he is here on the Flats.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
"I think somebody mentioned when our defense is on the field somebody is about to score one way or the other."

Reminds me of Pink saying that when she and her ex-husband got together, someone was going to get pregnant.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I was standing up near our seats right before New Year's Eve in Miami Gardens, Fla., thinking ... "high school offense ... high school offense my (bleep). There's your high school offense, SEC. All 851 rushing yards in two games against two of your best."