ACC Golf C'ship

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
2 days of match play and 1 day of stroke play I think. We're 4 strokes behind FSU but had to play under bad weather conditions unlike FSU. Tomorrow is all sunshine and no rain/wind. Ollie played lights out today and was phenomenal.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
I was wrong. I guess there's no match play. 3 days of stroke play. Good luck to the Jackets tomorrow! Great chance to win the tournament.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
A bit of a scare at the end, but they did it in style! GT wins the ACC tournament by 5 strokes! Ollie wins the individual championship too.. Go Jackets!

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech owns the ACC in golf (note, that is a four-letter word). 15 ACC Championships; 5 under Puggy and 10 under Bruce. Schniederjans finished first and Albertson finished tied for second. Schniederjans became the first Yellow Jacket ever to win five tournaments in one school year. Pretty impressive when you consider all the golfing greats to have come out of Tech. Bobby Jones would be real proud. :cigar:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Really neat that Dwyer is tweeting about it! Quite an accomplishment. Are any of these guys on scholarship? I wouldn't think so. But they are learning their craft and getting a degree, which is why GT appeals to them.

Can they turn pro whenever they want? (Not like they have to worry about injuries as much as football players.)

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Really neat that Dwyer is tweeting about it! Quite an accomplishment. Are any of these guys on scholarship? I wouldn't think so. But they are learning their craft and getting a degree, which is why GT appeals to them.

Can they turn pro whenever they want? (Not like they have to worry about injuries as much as football players.)

Yes they can go pro at any time, Tiger left Stanford after his freshman year. Most players in the top program stay through their junior year (at least) because the competition is high and it gives them some of the best coaching and course exposure free. Plus the chance to play on the U.S. Walker Cup team if they're the best of the collegiate ranks. Most of these young men play in the top amateur tournaments through the late spring and summer. Depending on which tournaments they win they have shot at the Majors as amateurs.