ACC COY: There is no debate

slugboy

Staff member
I don't see why Jimbo can't get credit for loading his team with talent. It's a good way to coach--recruit well.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Jimbo barely met expectations with a team absolutely LOADED with talent. CPJ greatly exceeded expectations with a team approach and players who do not have anywhere near the hype (just take a look at how many Yellow Jackets vs. Seminoles there are on the 1st team All ACC roster). @cyptomcat is correct - there should be no debate!
I would disagree with that. The guy is coaching an undefeated team. You can’t have higher expectations than that.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
It's unfortunate for the ACC writers to have to vote for COY before Saturday because the debate will be settled unambiguously then.

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
Does this look like your ACC COY?

eKbhkfQ.gif

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Thought Cutcliffe would get more recognition. I mean, he coaches at Duke. That's like the highest degree of difficulty imaginable, and they were still one game away from keeping us out of the conference championship. Don't get me wrong, I think Paul Johnson's an amazing, amazing coach who doesn't get anywhere near the recognition he should nationally, and he would be very deserving if chosen. Just surprised it's not a three horse race.