ACC CHAMPS!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Delete it I don’t care!! LFG!!

Pursuant to article 6, paragraph 3.B, section VII in your Swarm users agreement, all posts celebrating an ACC championship in ANY sport will not be moved or deleted as long as all other terms and conditions are met. Offer will expire in 87 days. Void where prohibited. Contact your doctor is shortness of breathe or other symptoms (vomiting, nauseau, dizziness, fever or swelling) occur after posting. Not liable for injuries to body or personal property while using GT Swarm.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Pursuant to article 6, paragraph 3.B, section VII in your Swarm users agreement, all posts celebrating an ACC championship in ANY sport will not be moved or deleted as long as all other terms and conditions are met. Offer will expire in 87 days. Void where prohibited. Contact your doctor is shortness of breathe or other symptoms (vomiting, nauseau, dizziness, fever or swelling) occur after posting. Not liable for injuries to body or personal property while using GT Swarm.
Well damn I thought article 6, paragraph 3.B section VII said you must be drunk at all times on here,

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I've heard that too. Can you give me a reference that uses "clear" as old verbiage for neat or straight? When talking about straight bourbon, that means it's 2 years old and hasn't been modified other than chill filtering or reducing proof by adding water.
Sorry. That was a verbal reference spoken to me years ago. Did not research for a source.

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, then you've always been wrong ;). Because there is no such thing as a clear liquor called whiskey. All whiskey has to touch wood, which means it's brown. Moonshine (white dog) is not whiskey.

My opinion is that it means it's never been rectified, i.e. unadulterated.
I admit to no knowledge of liquor. However, I think I can carry on a pretty intelligent conversation about beer! 😃

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
White whiskey, or moonshine, is essentially just whiskey that hasn't touched a barrel. Whiskey is actually clear, or white, when it comes out of the still. It gets its variations of color (gold, brown) from interacting with wood.
(I got this off the ultimate authority, the Internet!!! So take it for what it's worth!)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
White whiskey, or moonshine, is essentially just whiskey that hasn't touched a barrel. Whiskey is actually clear, or white, when it comes out of the still. It gets its variations of color (gold, brown) from interacting with wood.
(I got this off the ultimate authority, the Internet!!! So take it for what it's worth!)
Makes me holler hi-dy-ho...

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Yes, it is basically vodka until it is aged in wood. I highly recommend a youtube channel called "The Whiskey Tribe" if you want to learn everything about whiskey.

Last edited:

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Which no one seems to know what means. So, just drink whiskey.
Clear whiskey is basically moonshine. Made exactly the same way as whiskey except not aged in a barrel to change its color. Coming from the south back then most of the "clear whiskey" was brewed in the mountains and then "transported" into Atlanta. What people don't realize is Atlanta (and Tech students) were responsible for the creation of NASCAR. The shiners had to get their product to the city and fast cars was the only way to do it.

So drink your whiskey clear and tip your rat cap to the good mountain folks who made it (and NASCAR) possible.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Someone a couple of years ago noted that there seems to be a conservation law between the football and basketball teams - the total wins of the two teams is always right around 22. I think CJP just doomed our football team 🤣

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Clear whiskey is basically moonshine. Made exactly the same way as whiskey except not aged in a barrel to change its color. Coming from the south back then most of the "clear whiskey" was brewed in the mountains and then "transported" into Atlanta. What people don't realize is Atlanta (and Tech students) were responsible for the creation of NASCAR. The shiners had to get their product to the city and fast cars was the only way to do it.

So drink your whiskey clear and tip your rat cap to the good mountain folks who made it (and NASCAR) possible.
Nope. Not whiskey until it hits wood. Give me a good reference showing clear whiskey is moonshine. Never been able to find anything other than anecdotal comments from people like me or you.