ACC Basketball Move to 20 Game Conference Season?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Link

"Moved to 18 games for the 2012-13 season, the ACC basketball regular-season schedule may eventually expand to 20 games."

Possible benefits include more NCAA berths due to strength of schedule. Also would increase to 6 the number of Home and Home series.

Fewer "pansy" games to start season???

Stanruszat

Georgia Tech Fan
This is a great idea. More home and home series are definitely desirable and give teams the chance to get even for earlier losses. Also enhances rivalries among the ACC. Too bad we can't get to a complete Home and home series with all ACC teams. It would be fun for the fans, but probably a blood bath for the NCAA tournament.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Well, Gawd. In the gosh-a-mighty heaven-and-earth-shaking SEC, getting beat up in your football schedule is always a sign of the awesome power of your conference. If we can add the opportunity for our conference teams to have more in-conference losses, won't that mean that the ACC is better, and that a higher proportion of our teams should end up deserving an NCAA bid?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It's the same thing as in football to me in that it's all how we build he schedule...as long as we are trading a no name school for a conference game I love the idea, but if we are trading Tulane, Tennessee, Auburn, etc. for jut another conference game I hate it.

The intent is great, but everyone could screw it up and just keep playing the FCS crap teams instead of the strong FCS teams