A worrisome stat

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I love to see a long, time consuming drive as much as anyone, so long as it ends in GT having seven more points. The problem as I see it is that too much can go wrong against a good defense. I really don't care if it takes two minutes or eight minutes, so long as at the end we have seven more points.

Which reminds me of something else. I wonder how serious the talk of a quick tempo offense is. It goes against our long successful strategy of keeping the ball away from the other team's offense, I know. Still, I would like to see it tried at least once. Justin must by now have a pretty deep understanding of what to call when. He can see the way the defense is lining up. If we give them no chance to make adjustments, it might lead to confusion and players out of position which he could take advantage of.
Agree with you but maybe I am wrong but have not seen a audible called in long time.....plus as long as we substitute by player its hard to make tempo improve..Yes our qbs should by now be able to read and then call play at LOS ...agree with you.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I love to see a long, time consuming drive as much as anyone, so long as it ends in GT having seven more points. The problem as I see it is that too much can go wrong against a good defense. I really don't care if it takes two minutes or eight minutes, so long as at the end we have seven more points.

Which reminds me of something else. I wonder how serious the talk of a quick tempo offense is. It goes against our long successful strategy of keeping the ball away from the other team's offense, I know. Still, I would like to see it tried at least once. Justin must by now have a pretty deep understanding of what to call when. He can see the way the defense is lining up. If we give them no chance to make adjustments, it might lead to confusion and players out of position which he could take advantage of.
If both end in 7, a death March is much better.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If both end in 7, a death March is much better.

No it isn't, at least not always. If you are playing catch up you want to extend the game and create more possessions. That's not even to factor in the mental side of having big plays be momentum changers.

Lastly, the premise of both ending in 7 ignores the biggest problem of death marches; more opportunities for mistakes.