A Word To The Negative...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I am just tired of the the "we suck" "fire the coach" "game over" (in the 1st half trailing by 6) during the game. There is plenty of time for that during the week......during the game, they should STFU or go elsewhere.

I can not imagine even posting during a game things like that.

I was really referring to the week & offseason.

1 game at a time :)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
One can be critical without being negative. Another one can perceive said critical analysis as being negative. I anticipate once the shine wears off this beautiful victory and we start to analyze the win, we'll be very critical of many areas of our play today.

That doesn't take away from our thrill of the victory, but that we recognize that today was far from perfect. We easily left 21 points on the field and let's not begin to talk about some of the safety play. But that's for Monday.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Too Negative to me is when there is constant hyperbole. For example had we lost by 3 many would say we stink, a loss was inevitable, coach should be fired and doesn't know football and we are not competitive etc. The fact is that we could easily have won more games the last couple of years and are almost always competitive. Accurate critical assessments aren't negative, just true. Some of the criticism is far from accurate.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win! Keep going and we'll be a unified fan base. It's a long season. Defense and special teams stepped up and the offense did good enough. Like I've said before, I'm not negative, I'm realistic. Took a big step forward today.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't fault anyone for thinking VT would beat us today. Recent history would have seemed to indicate they might. Ditto some of our breakdowns in first 3 games. What chaps my heinie are the types who said VT would "blow us out." Then same person made repeated comments that the game would be ugly for us...even going so far as to say the horrible news on JD was a welcome distraction for the fiasco our game today would be.
Then we win and barely get a murmured "yippie"
If it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll, and smells like a troll....it probably is a troll.
He didn't have cojones to back up his prediction either...ignore button likely coming for that one.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I don't fault anyone for thinking VT would beat us today. Recent history would have seemed to indicate they might. Ditto some of our breakdowns in first 3 games. What chaps my heinie are the types who said VT would "blow us out." Then same person made repeated comments that the game would be ugly for us...even going so far as to say the horrible news on JD was a welcome distraction for the fiasco our game today would be.
Then we win and barely get a murmured "yippie"
If it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll, and smells like a troll....it probably is a troll.
He didn't have cojones to back up his prediction either...ignore button likely coming for that one.
Since I have no clue who you are talking about I have to assume I ignored them a long time ago. I love that feature! :)