A Word To The Negative...

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I love my team. I communicate when I see obvious weaknesses on my team. They did a great job today, and I am very happy to be wrong about this game. Our D still has major issues against the pass, but with that said, they did a great job today (with some help from VPI's QB). Go Jackets!! Keep proving me wrong. I will gladly eat crow.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I love my team. I communicate when I see obvious weaknesses on my team. They did a great job today, and I am very happy to be wrong about this game. Our D still has major issues against the pass, but with that said, they did a great job today (with some help from VPI's QB). Go Jackets!! Keep proving me wrong. I will gladly eat crow.
Plus one!

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Can I get a witness?!?!?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It is perfectly legitimate to point out our record vs winning teams on our schedule the last few years.

We still have to find a way to stop so many 3rd & long conversions against our D. We have GOT to make short field goals.

The great thing today, vs past years, was not giving up vs a quality opponent. Hard to believe our passing game pulled us out.

Pointing things out should not always be considered a "negative". And I can promise you that any person buying tix, making $ contributions, and buying GT gear is welcome even if you don't agree with their view.

Playing Shirley temple can be just as harmful as being negative.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Monday is going to be a great day in Newport News Va. I won't wear my GT shirt, just a smile! ;)

Now 2-5, and looking forward to keeping on winning for the next few years. We will be better next year, this year we won't win them all but we have won two at the end. Kind of like 2009.

Animal02

Banned
It is perfectly legitimate to point out our record vs winning teams on our schedule the last few years.

We still have to find a way to stop so many 3rd & long conversions against our D. We have GOT to make short field goals.

The great thing today, vs past years, was not giving up vs a quality opponent. Hard to believe our passing game pulled us out.

Pointing things out should not always be considered a "negative". And I can promise you that any person buying tix, making $ contributions, and buying GT gear is welcome even if you don't agree with their view.

I am just tired of the the "we suck" "fire the coach" "game over" (in the 1st half trailing by 6) during the game. There is plenty of time for that during the week......during the game, they should STFU or go elsewhere.

Animal02

Banned
Monday is going to be a great day in Newport News Va. I won't wear my GT shirt, just a smile! ;)

Now 2-5, and looking forward to keeping on winning for the next few years. We will be better next year, this year we won't win them all but we have won two at the end. Kind of like 2009.
Good teams win ugly games......the ball did not bounce our way and we still won..........it is a good day to be a JACKET!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah, I thought the game was over when we went down two scores in the second. Teams from 2010-2013 wouldn't have pulled it out.

Everyone needs to watch the 4th quarter again. We made the plays (other than VT's fumble for a TD) and the football gods smiled on us. Unbelievable. Great time for a bye week to heal up, recharge and come out for the next Coastal game.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think being disappointed with how ugly the game was is being negative, but some people get defensive to anything besides rah rah posts. Bluntly, we need to improve in a lot of aspects if the team wants to live up to their potential. Doesn't mean I'm not ecstatic with the win and effort.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck

Shirley temple? You mean polyanna, right?