A plea for accurate measurables

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe I'm going crazy waiting for spring ball to start, but I get frustrated with the discussions about schemes, and 2-deeps, and our projected record next year, when all of that is largely based on the measurables (ht, wt, 40 time, etc.) of our personnel. The problem is that no one seems to know what the up-to-date measurables of our players are (current players and recent recruits). So, this may be too much to ask....but can some of you who are 'on the inside' put in a request, steal the info, or even ask the players for the data on current ht/wt/40 time? Thank you in advance!

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I'm going crazy waiting for spring ball to start, but I get frustrated with the discussions about schemes, and 2-deeps, and our projected record next year, when all of that is largely based on the measurables (ht, wt, 40 time, etc.) of our personnel. The problem is that no one seems to know what the up-to-date measurables of our players are (current players and recent recruits). So, this may be too much to ask....but can some of you who are 'on the inside' put in a request, steal the info, or even ask the players for the data on current ht/wt/40 time? Thank you in advance!

Ramblingwreck.com has a 2014 Roster posted. But all the weights on the returning players are from last August. Waste of time & effort to post it.

If anyone has a friend in the office we could use an updated roster.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
pinglett: Agree, they might as well not post the weights if they are all bogus. Fans want good information, not vague information. After all, it is the fan who pays the bill.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
You never get correct weights and heights from them (GT SID) anyway. If you want to get anywhere near the truth you have to ask/look at the players yourself. If you have classes with any of the players, look at them , then go look at the website and compare what you saw with your own eyes and what they print.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You never get correct weights and heights from them (GT SID) anyway. If you want to get anywhere near the truth you have to ask/look at the players yourself. If you have classes with any of the players, look at them , then go look at the website and compare what you saw with your own eyes and what they print.

Truth. Anyone at the Yellow Jacket walk can see that weights and heights are inflated for most of our players. But all teams do it so .......... Either that or I am NFL material (true weight 160 and height of 5'10")

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Eric, my reply was not intended for the board to produce the correct weights and heights of the athletes. It is the responsibility of the sports department to give the correct information on their site. I will take your advice and send a request to them. It would probably make them take notice if other board members did the same.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
We will see how accurate they are...they always update them every time this year...but how accurate they are is another issue.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Heighs and weights don't really get my engine revved. One thing we used to hear about, but I haven't in a long time, are weight lifting records set by current players. Now that is info I would find very interesting. Used to get some info on who lifted the most by position group as well. That was maybe back in the O'leary era I think. Again haven't seen much info like this in a while. Closest thing is the random blurb about someone like Holton lifting the entire gym. Maybe this is info we don't want the enemy getting their hands on. Seems like it wouldn't matter much.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Heighs and weights don't really get my engine revved. One thing we used to hear about, but I haven't in a long time, are weight lifting records set by current players. Now that is info I would find very interesting. Used to get some info on who lifted the most by position group as well. That was maybe back in the O'leary era I think. Again haven't seen much info like this in a while. Closest thing is the random blurb about someone like Holton lifting the entire gym. Maybe this is info we don't want the enemy getting their hands on. Seems like it wouldn't matter much.
Don't many of the kids have preset weight lifting maximums? Seems that would put a damper on what you're saying.