A Players Perspective podcast

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Will they definitely had the best argument against noon games that I've heard (was in the first ten minutes of the podcast).

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Wow. Where do I begin. First I would like to say that what I saw in today’s loss to USF was both encouraging and extremely frustrating at the same time. We let another one get away and we are left with nothing to show for it. What I mean by that is this game as a winner would have put us back in the Top 25. Now we just lost to a team that shouldn’t have beat us. Tennessee deja vu. From A Player’s Perspective my heart aches.
I could see that our game plan was the right one. But we (the players) did not execute. We are young and if you tuned in to our show on Wednesday this was a concern. Over running tackles, poor lane assignments, running out of bounds when you have a chance to score. Fumbling when your foot is on your enemies throat. These are things that leave you scratching your head bald. How many reps in practice will it take to help resolve these shortfalls? This type of play must die in Tampa and never be unearthed again.
So, what was good? 600 yds of offense and 38 points. That production will win every game left on our schedule. Yes every remaining game, I said! Just hold on to the ball. A run or incomplete pass is better than a 30 yard run and fumble or an interception whenever. It was great to see Kyle Cerge-Henderson have a great game in his hometown. It was great to see the defense in position to make a play all over the field. Just keep your angles, wrap up and squeeze the pocket when you shoot the gaps. Hmpf!!!
Ok, I am back. Our passing game was better. We must get Jalen Camp involved. Too much talent and size not to. The A Backs and WR continue to block well on the edge. Sorry to see Kirvonte Benson go down. We hope to see him return soon. Jordan and Jerry, we need to see a burst of speed that will turn many runs today into 6pts instead of first downs. Tobias, we have been speaking your name and you answered the call. Great job young man! OL you are coming together nicely, stay healthy and hungry and your best performance will always come in the next game played. TaQuon you played well. Never stop learning and working on your game. Film and Reps are your best friends.
Finally, the game was disappointing but our future is still bright. If Coach CPJ kicks butt in practice this week it will be well deserved. Especially, if he kicks his own. This was one of those games where the blame will be shared amongst all involved. Don’t just rack this one. Learn from it, stick a pin in it and it will be the key thing that GT will reference on its way to Another ACC Title. Go Jackets, Just Damn!

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

Wow. Where do I begin. First I would like to say that what I saw in today’s loss to USF was both encouraging and extremely frustrating at the same time. We let another one get away and we are left with nothing to show for it. What I mean by that is this game as a winner would have put us back in the Top 25. Now we just lost to a team that shouldn’t have beat us. Tennessee deja vu. From A Player’s Perspective my heart aches.
I could see that our game plan was the right one. But we (the players) did not execute. We are young and if you tuned in to our show on Wednesday this was a concern. Over running tackles, poor lane assignments, running out of bounds when you have a chance to score. Fumbling when your foot is on your enemies throat. These are things that leave you scratching your head bald. How many reps in practice will it take to help resolve these shortfalls? This type of play must die in Tampa and never be unearthed again.
So, what was good? 600 yds of offense and 38 points. That production will win every game left on our schedule. Yes every remaining game, I said! Just hold on to the ball. A run or incomplete pass is better than a 30 yard run and fumble or an interception whenever. It was great to see Kyle Cerge-Henderson have a great game in his hometown. It was great to see the defense in position to make a play all over the field. Just keep your angles, wrap up and squeeze the pocket when you shoot the gaps. Hmpf!!!
Ok, I am back. Our passing game was better. We must get Jalen Camp involved. Too much talent and size not to. The A Backs and WR continue to block well on the edge. Sorry to see Kirvonte Benson go down. We hope to see him return soon. Jordan and Jerry, we need to see a burst of speed that will turn many runs today into 6pts instead of first downs. Tobias, we have been speaking your name and you answered the call. Great job young man! OL you are coming together nicely, stay healthy and hungry and your best performance will always come in the next game played. TaQuon you played well. Never stop learning and working on your game. Film and Reps are your best friends.
Finally, the game was disappointing but our future is still bright. If Coach CPJ kicks butt in practice this week it will be well deserved. Especially, if he kicks his own. This was one of those games where the blame will be shared amongst all involved. Don’t just rack this one. Learn from it, stick a pin in it and it will be the key thing that GT will reference on its way to Another ACC Title. Go Jackets, Just Damn!

Great post. I wish others were as level headed.