A Murder of Crows

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Today I am trying to decide the best way to prepare crow as I rethink my early season predictions about our team.

I did not foresee any of this:

Lammers has been a scoring force. He had always seemed capable, but never as assertive as first line ACC players have to be in league games. I had seen him play defense, but I worried that he lacked the body mass to handle some of the big ACC bodies he has faced. I need to eat two crows for Lammers.

Q is still a very erratic shooter, but he is a far better rebounder and defender down low than I would have ever imagined. I doubted he could even play defense against bigger guys with his lack of weight. I plan on eating two crows for my low Q expectations.

TJ is playing about like I expected, but as a sixth man. I felt we had to have him in the lineup right from the beginning to have any chance of scoring points. I will enjoy no crows for TJ.

Okogie was a blank for me beginning the season, so I had a pretty open mind. However, I do not remember saying he would be a candidate for ROY or be our leading scorer or being one of the most dangerous players in the ACC. Since I do not think I made a prediction for him, I am not eating any crow. However, I have one in the freezer in case someone finds something I said in a weak moment.

I had such low expectations for Heath and Corey that I plan to prepare two crows each for these two guys who never score much but play their hearts out every game. And are the front line of our very effective zone.

Josh Pastner is a much better game coach than any of us thought possible. Some of you may need to partake of crow meat off my platter as I may have had higher expectations than most. Still, I am throwing another crow on the grill for him.

For my general low expectations of the team, I am throwing on a handful of crows marinated with lots of artificial NC barbecue flavoring. I do not deserve the good stuff.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Today I am trying to decide the best way to prepare crow as I rethink my early season predictions about our team.

I did not foresee any of this:

Lammers has been a scoring force. He had always seemed capable, but never as assertive as first line ACC players have to be in league games. I had seen him play defense, but I worried that he lacked the body mass to handle some of the big ACC bodies he has faced. I need to eat two crows for Lammers.

Q is still a very erratic shooter, but he is a far better rebounder and defender down low than I would have ever imagined. I doubted he could even play defense against bigger guys with his lack of weight. I plan on eating two crows for my low Q expectations.

TJ is playing about like I expected, but as a sixth man. I felt we had to have him in the lineup right from the beginning to have any chance of scoring points. I will enjoy no crows for TJ.

Okogie was a blank for me beginning the season, so I had a pretty open mind. However, I do not remember saying he would be a candidate for ROY or be our leading scorer or being one of the most dangerous players in the ACC. Since I do not think I made a prediction for him, I am not eating any crow. However, I have one in the freezer in case someone finds something I said in a weak moment.

I had such low expectations for Heath and Corey that I plan to prepare two crows each for these two guys who never score much but play their hearts out every game. And are the front line of our very effective zone.

Josh Pastner is a much better game coach than any of us thought possible. Some of you may need to partake of crow meat off my platter as I may have had higher expectations than most. Still, I am throwing another crow on the grill for him.

For my general low expectations of the team, I am throwing on a handful of crows marinated with lots of artificial NC barbecue flavoring. I do not deserve the good stuff.

I did not expect this either, but I'm not at your feast.

None of our returners is surprising me with their ability this year as individual players. In fact, I complained about our coach because I didn't think he got the most out of our talent.

However, I was wrong about how much, and certainly how quickly, team improvement could occur with good coaching. I was also wrong in doubting that Pastner could do it. I'm still not sure that he could without Reveno, but we have what we have, and I eat crow for doubting it possible.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I remember saying that I thought CBG was installing a good defense and that we had to give him time based on the players we had.. I was wrong.

CJP has installed a true ACC level set of Defensive looks (Zones, man, switching at will) and frankly I stand corrected. I do think we were developing bigs relatively well under CBG, but will be the first to say Reveno is looking like a savant.