A little scouting report

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
You know what? I’ll take Boring early. Anything that gives this team some confidence is a good thing.
I’m hoping we come out relaxed with a “nothing to lose” attitude and play with a little bit of intensity we haven’t seen much yet. I am not optimistic, but I’m hopeful. We’re pretty much a crapshoot right now I think.
If I had to guess, I think we will be a lot more run heavy this week than we have been previously. It may well play into your boring first half prediction.
One thing I am certain we can neutralize is your good punt returner. We haven’t shown the ability to execute a punt yet. I suspect we go for it a bunch if we’re anywhere close. If we do decide to punt, your DE will likely lead the team in return yards this week. :cry:

I heard it's supposed to rain the whole game so indeed, there will be mostly running plays and quite boring. very likely low scoring.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I heard it's supposed to rain the whole game so indeed, there will be mostly running plays and quite boring. very likely low scoring.
1664583975687.gif

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
You called it @Pitt97 . So what's your take on the game?

#1 - great game by you guys. you played mistake free football and won the turnover battle, you will win most games. congrats on a game well played.
#2 - our OC is terrible. not taking anything away from you guys. but this guy is operating at 3rd grade level. I will expand if asked but I don't want it to seem as if we lost that game vs you won it. you won it.
#3 - I still don't like Simms. no offense but he's just poor. you deserve better. Slovis outright sucks so I'd take Simms over our guy.
#4 - your DL played a great game. good for them. they had a mean streak and did a great job. same with the LB's.
#5 - my god was it all collins? for your sake, I hope so. after our game with you last year, I said it was a blowout but I thought a few tweaks and that would've been a good game. no offense but collins was brain dead. perhaps you can save your season.
#6 - good luck the rest of the way. your boys played a hell of a game. the weather wasn't really that bad so there are no excuses. I'll say we had so many injuries but that doesn't even matter. the best team won and there's no debate about that.

love you guys. good luck this year. my only advise is to NOT hire Paul Christ as your next HC b/c he's a lazy stupid sack of ####. not that I'm bitter!!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for stopping thru Pitt97. Love having a look from the other side from level headed fans. I kept waiting for us to give the game away or you guys pull away but fortunately we found a way to pull out a much needed win. One that was 3 years over due….
Good luck the rest of the way! Hopefully I can make it there in 2024.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
#1 - great game by you guys. you played mistake free football and won the turnover battle, you will win most games. congrats on a game well played.
#2 - our OC is terrible. not taking anything away from you guys. but this guy is operating at 3rd grade level. I will expand if asked but I don't want it to seem as if we lost that game vs you won it. you won it.
#3 - I still don't like Simms. no offense but he's just poor. you deserve better. Slovis outright sucks so I'd take Simms over our guy.
#4 - your DL played a great game. good for them. they had a mean streak and did a great job. same with the LB's.
#5 - my god was it all collins? for your sake, I hope so. after our game with you last year, I said it was a blowout but I thought a few tweaks and that would've been a good game. no offense but collins was brain dead. perhaps you can save your season.
#6 - good luck the rest of the way. your boys played a hell of a game. the weather wasn't really that bad so there are no excuses. I'll say we had so many injuries but that doesn't even matter. the best team won and there's no debate about that.

love you guys. good luck this year. my only advise is to NOT hire Paul Christ as your next HC b/c he's a lazy stupid sack of ####. not that I'm bitter!!
Thanks for your comments, @Pitt97. I’ve enjoyed reading your thoughts over the past week, and see a lot of similarities in the way we see our teams.

Pitt has always been a tough, hard-hitting football team. For me, that’s why it felt exceptionally good to win this one (aside from the fact that we just needed a freakin’ win). I do think our team has the seeds of something good - but CGC had no idea how to pull that out of the players. All of which is to say, neither of us played a great game - I think we played slightly better, and had some luck on our side (near-interceptions, anyone?) that sealed the deal.

Regardless, have enjoyed your perspective, your observations, and your graciousness. You’re a class act, and we appreciate you dropping by. Hope y’all get back on it next week and the rest of the season goes awesome. Will look forward to reconnecting the next time we play!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

When we have a win over Pitt, I know it is aw in earned against a tough, hard hitting and good football team! Makes me fell much better than a win over Virginia or, well, most other ACC teams. Best of luck the rest of the way. Here's hoping the Coastal comes down to a tie breaker between our two tams!! LOL

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

I tend to root for y’all. Thanks for stopping by and being such a good sport. Normally opposing fans just troll us when they stop by. Good luck on the rest of your season.

slugboy

Staff member
@Pitt97 Good luck against VT.
I hope VT is terrible for the rest of the season (unless things change and we need them to beat someone) and you blow them out.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
thanks man, you really are the best Pitt fan!

yep, I'm the smartest and best looking. :p

@Pitt97 Good luck against VT.
I hope VT is terrible for the rest of the season (unless things change and we need them to beat someone) and you blow them out.

I'm not even sure why I hate VT but I do. It seems like the whole ACC does. constantly overhyped and annoying. a VT blowout on Saturday would be just what the doctor ordered.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
nope. weird thing is I know so many VT grads who are good people. but when it comes to sports, screw 'em.
Thanks for stopping by and for the comments. I agree that our D balled-out and won the game for us until we (I guess) went into prevent and stopped sending pressure.

Oh, I only know a couple of VT grads. Must not be the same people you know...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
yep, I'm the smartest and best looking. :p

I'm not even sure why I hate VT but I do. It seems like the whole ACC does. constantly overhyped and annoying. a VT blowout on Saturday would be just what the doctor ordered.
Well, part of that was Frank's legacy of "Beamer Ball" and having Michael Vick but really the ones I hate are the two Tobacco Road drama queens UNC and Duke. Different strokes I suppose.