A. J. McCarron

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
An article states that McCarron feels disrespected. It probably stems from the fac that he is not that highly esteemed among all the pro candidates.

This should be an eye opener to those wishing to reach the pros, especially a quarterback. The pro scouts look at all the pro candidates from college regarding the vital statistics of their physical and mental ranges. It is well known that Alabama has been the leader in college recruits for a long time now. The pros understand that a quarterback will look better if he is surrounded with the best of all other players.

He has to show them at the combines that he is superior in the measurements among the other candidates. Just because you look good with the surroundings of the best of the best recruits each year does not mean you are the best fundamental quarterback as a candidate for the pros. Maybe, some of these super players, who want to really show they are superior, should attend schools where they can push themselves to be the best and prove to the pros that they are really good at any school.

Most everything in life has its positives and negatives. The positives of McCarron's record at Alabama maybe tarnished somewhat by his comparison with the other quarterbacks when looking at the measurables.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Saban stated that those who miss signing McCarron are making a big mistake. I am not a pro football fan, have not watched pro football in eons, but if McCarron can be gotten relatively cheap, the Falcons would probably do well to get him. It would bring them many fans up I20 from Alabama to watch him play. It would probably be a good money move for the Falcons. By the way, I still would not watch a pro game or attend one.