A different perspective, point to ponder.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Chad Morris from SMU would be my choice or maybe go after George Godsey. Either way somebody needs to be held accountable for this season. When is Ted Roof going to be called out for this AWFUL D that we keep seeing week in and week out ?

Have you watched the Texans play offense? I love Goose but he is not deserving of the head job at GT. He is completely unproven.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Yea and CPJ went 2-10 at navy before. Write this down and REMEMBER that I told you Chad Morris is one of the brightest young coaches in the game. He will be hard to reckon with in years to come.
Maybe he is, but im not fully convinced yet that we should spend 10 million to get rid of a coach with a significant background of success, multiple coach of the year awards, and an Orange Bowl trophy to spend 3 more million a year on a guy who has yet to beat anyone other than North Texas (who hasn't won a game).

GTFLETCH

Banned
Looks like what we have around here are a bunch of Dwag fans disguised as Tech fans.
NOPE GT FAN through and through, in fact I was the only one standing up for CPJ after VAD transffered before last Season... I had faith in JT and CPJ... However this year is on CPJ, He has all but 1 player return on OLINE, 8 Starters on Defense, a seasoned QB.... Our probelm is the we are being out coached in every aspect, CPJ in game adjustments SUCK!!!!! DUKE/UNC/PITT just shut CPJ down.... It is one thing to lose to UGA, VT, Miami, Clemson, Notre Dame (The Big Boys)....But when the second tier teams start whipping you up, you have 1994 all over again.... Yes we are young, but that means we win 6 games..... This crap is unacceptable...

Maybe he is, but im not fully convinced yet that we should spend 10 million to get rid of a coach with a significant background of success, multiple coach of the year awards, and an Orange Bowl trophy to spend 3 more million a year on a guy who has yet to beat anyone other than North Texas (who hasn't won a game).
I screamed that CPJ didn't deserve anything but a raise last year. Caught a lot of heat because of it. I just keep seeing the same thing every game. Can't pass block and our D scheme is just bad. We are so undersized in the front 7. I don't understand it one bit. Roof should be gone. Go back and look at the stats when he was here the first time and his tenure at AU. One word to describe it- BAD.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I screamed that CPJ didn't deserve anything but a raise last year. Caught a lot of heat because of it. I just keep seeing the same thing every game. Can't pass block and our D scheme is just bad. We are so undersized in the front 7. I don't understand it one bit. Roof should be gone. Go back and look at the stats when he was here the first time and his tenure at AU. One word to describe it- BAD.
IF we have to get a fourth DC for Paul Johnson, then I say we need a new Head Coach!

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
As I just posted on the Pitt Post-game thread, the guys are not giving up. They are playing the full 60 minutes. I'm probably going to get reamed for this but we fans owe it to them not to give up.
Exactly. I won't give up cheering until the team gives up effort in example 2014 Atlanta Falcons

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Speaking of the 2014 Falcons....They changed Coaches and look what has happened in 2015.... Could GT do the same thing???

Yes. Our engineers are hard at work to bring back Vince LombardI. Once we hire him for 70k a year, we surely will never lose again. Wake up dude, this is football. Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. Get up the next week and fight again.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If CPJ is fired then who do we hire........anybody. I keep reading these fire CPJ crowd after every game. Yet we see no one willing to write the check and get hired who they want.
Please stop this silly argument.

First, CPJ isn't going to be fired. Whether he deserves to be or not is, I suppose, open to debate. But there's no money to pay his buyout.

Second, if you WERE going to fire a coach, asking "who would we replace him with" is the silliest of arguments. When we fired Chan Gailey, we didn't know who we were going to hire. Likewise, if/when CPJ is let go, we will appoint a search committee and they will evaluate the coaching possibilities who are available at that point because the pool of available coaches at the end of a season is often different than the pool during the middle of the season.

Again, it's a moot point because it isn't going to happen.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Good teams find a way to win games while bad teams find a way to lose games. We are what our record is. This isn't a year to count moral victories IMO.
Yeah, this is bullish--. The best teams don't win more close games; they just play fewer of them. Alabama is the standard by which everyone is judged. Their record in one possession games since Saban's been there? 16-15.

I've enjoyed the board but this fire the coach crap is too much. We are having a down year oh well it happens. Some people are gonna piss and moan regardless of wins or losses. I my self will continue to pull for Georgia Tech, that means players and COACHES. like I said in an earlier post, you want the coach fired shut ya mouth and open your wallet. Other than that your as useless as tits on a boar hog.

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
Everyone always whines about wanting to beat uga. we beat them last year and people can't even go a full month without ******** about CPJ being coach. This fan base is absolutely ridiculous and delusional. CPJ just coached us to our best season in 25 years and everyone is turning on him halfway through year. That's messed up. We've been crippled by injuries and have a ton of new players on offense. I wanted 10 wins just as much as next guy, but lets just wait the season out and see what happens.

For a school that is supposed to be so smart, we have alot of people who don't understand the concept of a dollar. Money doesn't go on trees. CPJ isn't going anywhere and he deserves to be our head coach.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I've enjoyed the board but this fire the coach crap is too much. We are having a down year oh well it happens. Some people are gonna piss and moan regardless of wins or losses. I my self will continue to pull for Georgia Tech, that means players and COACHES. like I said in an earlier post, you want the coach fired shut ya mouth and open your wallet. Other than that your as useless as tits on a boar hog.
There's certainly room for criticism, but if there's a consistent theme from the fire the coach crowd, it's that they're posting on the blog during the games, which means they aren't at the games. I have no reason to value their opinion.

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
little surprised that some fans want to fire CPJ. Hell, fire Brian Gregory, what in the name of god has he done in his 5 years? nothing that's what

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm as disappointed as anyone about the season but firing our coach is ludicrous! No way we even sniff an orange bowl or ACC championship without the offense we run here. We simply can't recruit the athletes in this day and age to run what everyone else does. I do agree we need some new assistant coaches badly!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Short of being arrested and possibly convicted of a felony, CPJ will be the head coach next year at GT. I'll put a $100 on that. I don't normally make bets, bet am pretty comfortable that'd just be easy money.