A different perspective, point to ponder.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I know there are all sorts of issues and frustrations, I know we probably could have won all but the Clemson game with some breaks, I know we have tons of freshmen playing, and I know our defensive scheming is just not very good most of the time... but...

Please consider the records of the last 5 teams we have played:

ND: 5-1 (lost to #5 Clemson)
Duke: 5-1 (lost to #20 Northwestern)
UNC: 4-1 (about to be 5-1, lost to South Carolina in what could have been a win)
Clemson: 6-0
Pitt: 5-1 (lost to #17 Iowa)

That's a record of 25-4 with all the losses being to top 20 teams except for the UNC loss.

We are losing to teams with really good defenses, with the exception of UNC. I'm not making excuses, I'm just looking at facts. It doesn't get any better with FSU coming to town next week.

A few breaks go our way and we're looking at 5-2 or 4-3, and not near as pessimistic a fan base. No excuses, we are not a good football team right now, but these are just facts.

Try to keep encouraging the players, they are working hard.

GTFLETCH

Banned
So at the end of the season are you going to say wow 3-9 (we beat UVA I hope) but it is ok that the bowl streak came to an end, that our OLINE that only lost one starter and the returning OB MVP at QB and the defense with JHD eligible should have been 6-6 and to a bowl game if we just would have played weaker teams...

Sounds like you are making a case for the AAC or Sunbelt..... I say rubbish....We are being out coached, in years past VT, Miami, UGA, Clemson had CPJ number, but DUKE, UNC, and now PITT have caught up.... The question is should CPJ be allowed to try and coach the 2016 (since he won an OB last year) or do we cut ties at the end of the year??

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Good teams find a way to win games while bad teams find a way to lose games. We are what our record is. This isn't a year to count moral victories IMO.

GTFLETCH

Banned
As I just posted on the Pitt Post-game thread, the guys are not giving up. They are playing the full 60 minutes. I'm probably going to get reamed for this but we fans owe it to them not to give up.

I didn't give up.... I truly thought we could beat PITT and make a bowl.... However that did not happen, so the question is to start a new Bowl streak in 2016 with CPJ as the coach or do we changes coaches??

And the light is starting to show on this below average coaching staff. Guys fought hard, had a chance to win but, until we find some new guys to block in pass protection, I would expect to lose every game. Every team knows that we SUCK in pass protection and we have lost 3 out of the 5 games because of it. Sewak is gone at the seasons end and so should the whole D staff.

Last edited:

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I am not advocating a coaching change. I think we have more talent than we normally get at Tech. I get that we have a tough schedule. At some point it has to quit being about the other teams, and how good/bad they are. It has to be all be about us. We lost to Clemson and ND due to talent and experience. We lost the others because we could not do what we should be able to do. Today Pitt found a way to win a close game. Last year we were able to do that.

The only game we should win going forward is Virginia. We need to win that one, and see if we can find ways to win the ones we shouldn't.

If CPJ is fired then who do we hire........anybody. I keep reading these fire CPJ crowd after every game. Yet we see no one willing to write the check and get hired who they want.
Chad Morris from SMU would be my choice or maybe go after George Godsey. Either way somebody needs to be held accountable for this season. When is Ted Roof going to be called out for this AWFUL D that we keep seeing week in and week out ?

Looks like what we have around here are a bunch of Dwag fans disguised as Tech fans.
Yea that's exactly what people are when they see a situation different than your ignorant tail. Not everybody is going to see things the way you see them. Why does the other person have to be a Dawg fan ? Maybe because you don't have any good reason to justify the argument that we have with the coaching staff. I have a problem with the O line and the D line. The most important part of the game is in the trenches and we just suck butt. I know that Chan Gailey never ended the bowl streak did he ?

GTFLETCH

Banned
And the light is starting to show on this below average coaching staff. Guys fought hard, had a chance to win but, until we find some new guys to block in pass protection, I would expect to lose every game. Every team knows that we SUCK in pass protection and we have lost 3 out of the 5 games because of it. Sewak is gone at the seasons end and so should the whole D staff.

Well who hired the D Staff and Sewak... Why doesn't that guy get fired also... I am tired of firing DC and blaming position coaches....

Well who hired the D Staff and Sewak... Why doesn't that guy get fired also... I am tired of firing DC and blaming position coaches....
I am not CPJ fan neither so let's get that out there I the opening first and foremost. I caught a lot of heat for saying he didn't deserve an extension but just a raise.