A Confession about my Lucky Shirt...

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Hesitated to post this, but I have to own up to it...

I wore the same old ratty yellow polo t-shirt for our first five wins... I got so excited that I bought a couple GT shirts from the on-line store...

I wore them for the next two games, and we lost...

I went back to old yeller for the Pitt game, and we've won every game since...

Are the losses my fault? Did I screw up? I promise that I'll never wear another shirt during a game the rest of the season - just in case... :)

GTech63

Helluva Engineer

I wore the same old ratty yellow polo t-shirt for our first five wins... I got so excited that I bought a couple GT shirts from the on-line store...

Are the losses my fault? Did I screw up? I promise that I'll never wear another shirt during a game the rest of the season - just in case... :)
You are forgiven the Tarholes bailed you out. But don't you dare wear another shirt for the next game. Swarm the mutts!!! THWG

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

I am superstitious and u better get your mind and outfit right come next two games.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe we had a thread about this exact same issue after the Duke game where everyone broke tradition and we lost. But yes, it was your fault. If you take off the shirt again we will all show up and chop block you into oblivion.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow

In short, yes, it is your fault.
But know we understand, who among us is without sin?
Keep ole yeller near you, and please don't wash it... that should fix the problem.

SavannahBee

Georgia Tech Fan
Wear the shirt! Wear the shirt!

My problem is far worse! This year, if I can't watch (TV) OR listen (TuneIn Radio), we win. If I watch, we lose! If I am just able to just listen (TuneIn Radio), we win 67% of the time. So, my dilemma is... I CANNOT watch (poison)... super curse there..... but if I can't even listen, where is the joy? Advice, please! What do I do on November 29th?

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck

My problem is far worse! This year, if I can't watch (TV) OR listen (TuneIn Radio), we win. If I watch, we lose! If I am just able to just listen (TuneIn Radio), we win 67% of the time. So, my dilemma is... I CANNOT watch (poison)... super curse there..... but if I can't even listen, where is the joy? Advice, please! What do I do on November 29th?

You obviously miss the game completely bro. Perhaps record it.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck

Pull an all-nighter on the 28th. Start drinking at 8AM on the 29th - go hard. Fall asleep by noon. Wake up at 6PM. Check the score.

If your belief in your "system" (not watching/hearing) the game works, then GT wins - watch the replay online. Drink some more, enjoying yourself and be proud that you helped GT win.

If your "system" failed, well then you were spared the . . .

Well, I'm not even going to type that.

To me that seems like a win/win for you.

Last edited: