a COACH TALK

GTBlaze

Banned

“When I came here, everybody was happy to win a game. Now we're not happy to win a game anymore. We're not happy to win a game at all. We think we should win games by whatever. And I don't think that's fair to our players. Our players work their butt off to be the best they can be. And to get criticized for what they work hard to do, so that you can be entertained. So that you can enjoy and have pride and passion for what they accomplish and what they do. And they're not perfect; they're just college students. They go to school every day; they got to study. They have to run extra after practice when they miss study hall. C'mon. Give me a break. This is not professional football. These guys aren't getting paid to play here. They're representing you all. You should be proud and happy to support them and appreciate what they do and have some gratitude. And you know what else? Nobody wants to win worse than they do. Not me, not you, I don't care what kind of fan you are. Nobody wants to win more than the players that play. Nobody.”

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

“When I came here, everybody was happy to win a game. Now we're not happy to win a game anymore. We're not happy to win a game at all. We think we should win games by whatever. And I don't think that's fair to our players. Our players work their butt off to be the best they can be. And to get criticized for what they work hard to do, so that you can be entertained. So that you can enjoy and have pride and passion for what they accomplish and what they do. And they're not perfect; they're just college students. They go to school every day; they got to study. They have to run extra after practice when they miss study hall. C'mon. Give me a break. This is not professional football. These guys aren't getting paid to play here. They're representing you all. You should be proud and happy to support them and appreciate what they do and have some gratitude. And you know what else? Nobody wants to win worse than they do. Not me, not you, I don't care what kind of fan you are. Nobody wants to win more than the players that play. Nobody.”
LOL. Saban > Collins

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes loser talk, he redirects the frustration to the players or “kids”. It’s on him and the staff. Be man enough to own it.
But they’re kids, so what?
How bout up your “coaching” game or just admit you’re in over your head.
The players are recruited to be here, always supported the players.
This guy is a fraud and it’s starting to come to light. Man up clown and step down.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yes loser talk, he redirects the frustration to the players or “kids”. It’s on him and the staff. Be man enough to own it.
This guy is a fraud and it’s starting to come to light. Man up clown and step down.
I am not sure that you are aware that the posted quote came from a guy named Nick Saban??? You can see it in the video two posts above yours. This is not something that our coach said or has said.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Nick can say whatever he wants and it is gold.

Perfect combination of a hard *** coach at a program set up to win with endless instate fan support. It IS the professional sports franchise of Alabama.

What Nick says doesn’t translate to any other program.

That’s why I don’t want to hear what he says nor do I care. It’s like Bear Bryant saying it’s hard to win at Alabama.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Lol. When your agenda is so large you double down on calling the greatest college football coach of all time a loser because you’re confused

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
My bad guys. I’m older, I took it as gC said the above statement. But I could see it coming from him, why would what he says or does be compared to Saban anyway?
No agenda, he sucks I react. IIWIS

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol. When your agenda is so large you double down on calling the greatest college football coach of all time a loser because you’re confused
Well, Saban can say it because he has proven he knows what he is doing. CGC can’t, because no one really believes all of these losses is a talent issue, but rather a coaching issue.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Well, Saban can say it because he has proven he knows what he is doing. CGC can’t, because no one really believes all of these losses is a talent issue, but rather a coaching issue.
The problem is that no one actually cares about the words coaches say. If CGC had Saban’s record he could say anything he wanted to and no one would criticize his press conferences. Nobody really even gets Saban’s point. He’s talking at the fans. Unappreciative fans. Disrespectful fans. In his words, “self absorbed” fans. He is whole heartedly defending his players and standing up for them them right here, and there are still morons who are suggesting he’s throwing them under the bus or blaming them.

A lot of people are just looking for a reason to be mad. The dude I was responding to took literally zero time to read and comprehend what the quote actually was before he started calling Collins a loser lmao.

Well, Saban can say it because he has proven he knows what he is doing.
This just proves that no one actually cares what coaches say, and why it’s ridiculous to continually harp on press conferences. If Collins had Saban’s record nobody would criticize his press conferences. Nobody would care what he had to say. The self absorbed fans Saban is referring to are the ones who feel like they’re owed a performance, or an explanation, or anything from their team, coaches or players. Coaches coach to the best of their ability, and players play to the best of their ability. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. Some people understand that, a lot of people don’t.

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
whether Saban ,Bear Bryant, or Dodd said it doesn’t matter. It comes off as a scapegoat in my opinion.
Our coach sucks, I’m not mad.