A big shout-out to Mike Sewak

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Coach,

I have been exceptionally critical of you here and elsewhere on the Tech webs. However, I have to hand it to you. The O-Line has been a revelation of late. What's more, you are recruiting very well. Thanks for giving your all to Tech, and my hope is that you will earn even more shout outs.

bigsexy1211

Georgia Tech Fan
Umm. We are all overlooking the fact the OL "all of a sudden" looks ok but are ignoring the fact it is now co-coached again by another coach in coach Ray.

Let's see. OL ok when shared with Spencer. OL looks bad and regresses. OL looks ok again when shared with Ray.

Hmmm.

My opinion: Coach Sewak is a damn good coach. There is a reason Paul Johnson has kept him on staff despite message board scapegoat searching.

thwgjacket

My opinion is he is an avg position coach and needs extra help to be decent.
Isn't this one of out biggest OL's, if not the biggest, that we've had since CPJ has been here? I would argue that the talent on the OL seems to be heading north. That probably includes better recruiting and coaching. As we are not involved in the day to day aspects of the program I think it's hard to assign credit here. I will say I agree Sewak has been suspect for some time but it may be him instituting the change of recruiting bigger OL's.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think in a year or so, he'll be even better, i.e. when Shamire takes over at LG.

It's like Gailey said when Calvin signed, "Coach Nix just became a much better football coach." Ain't it the truth!

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not sure what to think about Sewak. Honestly, I just think this is the most talented OL we've had, which explains why they're able to physically move Miami and VT DL's that they haven't in the past. We've drastically cut down on false starts, though, so somebody deserves credit for that.

Recruiting-wise, he's gotta be doing something differently, because he's been MONEY so far with the 2015 class. Anybody know which players he's personally responsible for?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I'm not sure what to think about Sewak. Honestly, I just think this is the most talented OL we've had, which explains why they're able to physically move Miami and VT DL's that they haven't in the past. We've drastically cut down on false starts, though, so somebody deserves credit for that.

Recruiting-wise, he's gotta be doing something differently, because he's been MONEY so far with the 2015 class. Anybody know which players he's personally responsible for?

Nathan Cottrell, AJ Gray and Brant Mitchell.